Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: rate this image, post comment,footer not showing when using internet explorer...  (Read 18175 times)

falarious

• Coppermine novice

When viewing a PICTURE in IE the rate this image and comment on this file bars and footer loads up fine. But when view a file (mpeg, wmv, etc) they wont show up. On the other hand, while using mozilla firefox it does load. I tried veiwing my gallery on different places an the same thing happened. I tried different skins and it still wouldnt show up.

http://img268.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot4ia.gif

a screeen shot ^^
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 02:10:32 am by kegobeer »

ne4x4

• Coppermine newbie
    • 4x4 UK

I get the same result with IE too.

Nibbler

The displayimage page isn't even valid XHTML for displaying files. I get 15 errors, including this:

Code: [Select]
type="type="application/x-mplayer2" "
Can whoever added this tidy it up a little please ?

falarious

• Coppermine novice

I just noticed that mozilla firefox cant play flash files while IE can.

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray

Nibbler that code was added by Omni, I've gone through it and cleaned it up, but we still have an XHTMl issue with it since it uses <embed> for browser compatability, and <embed> isn't a valid XHTML (nor html4) element.

I am checking into the FF issue that is related to this, its a well documented issue regarding swf's not playing nice with the <object> element, however the fixes are either a bogus SWF the includes the real SWF, or Writiing the <embed> tag instead of the <object> tag via Javascript. Neither of which are the best options.

my fixes thus far have been comitted, I'm still working on a fix for swf in FF.

Nibbler

Great, thanks. Could you replicate the poster's IE issue ?

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray

They were showing on my system the whole time, before and after fix, so I figure it's got to have something to do with the theme he was using too.

umpqua5

• Coppermine newbie

I don't think it's theme related. i tried it with 3 different themes and like previously stated, in iE, the jpegs work fine where we can see the filmstrip, comments and rating options. when viewing video clips, there is no filmstrip, ratings, or comments options. have there been any fixed for IE on this that I have missed?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

appears to be the very same issue that was reported before - see No Delete/Edit Admin options.. Please confirm.

umpqua5

• Coppermine newbie

yup, that's the same thing. i just went to the tutorialbug.com site and i get the same thing in IE6, no filmstrip, no comment or rating options (none of these may be turned on for all I know on this test site), but there are also no edit/delete buttons, and there is an error message when clicking on the "info" button. you can view the same thing here:http://andrewmilos.com/videogallery/thumbnails.php?album=1 . it doesn't matter what theme I'm using.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website

I don't know how much this would affect things, but...

type="type="application/x-mplayer2" "
is wrong in the embedded video code.  This could quite possibly cause IE to completely choke.  Just one of many reasons why embedded video is such a pain the the rear.

@umpqua5 - if you make another album and put pictures in it, do you still have the lack of menus, etc?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

umpqua5

• Coppermine newbie

yes, i do get the editing buttons for the photos, the filmstrip, comments, and rating capapbilities. you can go back to the same address supplied in my previous post and see the difference in albums with jpegs and videos. i even tried adding a jpeg to the album with videos. it will show the filmstrip and other stuff only when jpeg is in full view, if you clikc on the vidoe from the filmstrip, all the extra buttons, comment, ratings, and the whole filmstrip dissappear. i really hope there is a fix for this, one of the main reasons why i decided on coppermine instead of minalto.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

With a JPEG in the video album, I see the filmstrip just fine.  Try clearing your cache and cookies for your site.  That still doesn't solve the type=type= issue though.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

In themes.inc.php, find

'mime' => 'type="application/x-mplayer2" ',
replace with

'mime' => 'type="application/x-mplayer2" '

umpqua5

• Coppermine newbie

With a JPEG in the video album, I see the filmstrip just fine. Try clearing your cache and cookies for your site. That still doesn't solve the type=type= issue though.

i see the strip fine too with a jpeg mixed with videos, but the strip goes away when you click on the video link form the filmstrip to view the video. it will let you watch that video, but then there will be no filmstrip below it to see antoher jpeg or another video. i have cleared my cache and still get the same thing.

In themes.inc.php, find

'mime' => 'type="application/x-mplayer2" ',
replace with

'mime' => 'type="application/x-mplayer2" '

i replaced the code and it didn't help, i also fail to see the difference in the 2 lines of code that you referenced, the seem the same

thx for trying to work on this :)

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

The difference is that the second one doesn't end with a comma.

falarious

• Coppermine novice

All works well (as i can see) in IE. But in FF, flash files dont show up.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

this is not related to this thread. Configure your FF accordingly. This has been asked before on the support boards, please do a search. We're talking about IE issues here.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

It was late when I made my post - I was in FF and Opera, not IE.  :-X  I see exactly what you mean in IE.

I still can't track down the type=type bug.  I'll have to fire up my test server and check it out later tonight.  In the mean time, can you upload a Quicktime file and a plain mpg file?  I want to see if the type=type happens for other embedded video types.

umpqua5

• Coppermine newbie

In the mean time, can you upload a Quicktime file and a plain mpg file?  I want to see if the type=type happens for other embedded video types.

i added a quicktime (.mov) and plain mpeg to the album  http://andrewmilos.com/videogallery/thumbnails.php?album=1
it does the same thing with the .mpg, where there is no filmstrip, comments, or ratings. it did show the filmstrip when clicking on quicktime, but it wouldn't play the video at all. it almsot seems like it's treating the quicktime file as a jpeg insteav of a video clip, and that's why it's showing the filmstrip with it. it also messes up some frames and the page doesn't load right when trying to watch the quictime file. please click on the above link to see what i mean, and since you do like to keep beer in your bloodstream, let me remind that this is an IE issue only, so you're not wasting your time with firefox ;D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.