Hi, I had some trouble getting Coppermine 1.3.3 to work under Yahoo small-business hosting, so I thought I'd post what I did to get it to work. The main issue I had was with uploading large files; my goal was to upload the full-res files and have Coppermine display thumbnails and intermediate images for browsing, but still let folks download the original for printing. My camera takes 3072x2304 pics at 3M each; I've read that using gd inside php to produce thumbnails and such requires over 40M for this, but Yahoo's php.ini sets "memory_limit" to 8M. Fortunately Yahoo permits overriding this default.
(1) Make a /tmp directory for PHP's upload_tmp_dir setting, 777 permission.
(2) Before uploading Coppermine, edit the include/init.inc.php file to add the following line after the <?php line at the top: ini_set("memory_limit", "64M");
(3) Upload Coppermine, setup albums/... permissions and run install.php as the instructions say.
(4) Instead of "localhost" for the mysql server, use "mysql".
(5) On the Coppermine "Config" page, set "Max size for uploaded files" and "Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos" to appropriate values (I used 3072 for both).
Well, that's it. Coppermine works great for me, thanks for all the hard work creating it!