No Support > Announcements

Scheduled webpage maintenance works on 2005-05-26

(1/3) > >>

Joachim Müller:
On thursday, 2005-05-26 from approximately 09:00 h to 15:00 h (a.m.) GMT+1 there will be scheduled maintenance works on the coppermine forum. During this period, the forum will be shut down (i.e. inaccessible).
We will move the forum to a new (more powerfull) server due to the following reasons:
[*]Our current webhost sourceforge.net has disabled outbound smtp traffic for the web server. As a result, notification emails and the "forgot password" links ceased to work. On the new server, we will be allowed to send emails again.
[*]Every project website at sourceforge.net is allowed a maximum of 100 MB webspace. We have exceeded this limit by far, so we have to move some content away from the project webspace (or we would have to start deleting old threads and the attachments they contain).
[*]The current coppermine demo is painfully slow due to server-sided restrictions.
[*]Sourceforge has disabled cronjobs that are needed for regular database backups
[/list]

Once the maintenance work (migration) will be done, you will be re-directed to our new server (with a new domain) when visiting the old forum URL, which will mean that you have to log in with your username and password (as the cookie will differ). The dev team wants to emphasize that we're not leaving sourceforge.net: we're just moving the big chunks away to a more powerfull server. The CVS repository and the main start page will remain on sf.net - we value the great service sf.net is offering to the open source community.

Joachim

Tranz:
I'm looking forward to this move. I'm getting way too many time-out errors, and errors that I submitted a post already. :P

Thank you to the users and supporters who continue to use the board despite the recent issues. :-*

vuud:
This is excellent news! 

Just to pull up this reply dialog:
Page created in 39.898 seconds with 14 queries.

Thank you to all the administrators and developers out there for this move and for the gallery itself !   Having done a few smaller projects in opensource arena's I know if can be a thankless task sometimes... 

So thank you!

I agree about Sourceforge, they are doing a great service, but it has to be very hard to host all these projects for free!

(I am especially glad about email notifications)

Thanks again to all of you

Vuud

isloera:
I also want to thank the whole development team for the things they do to make our Coppermine experience better.

Thanks a lot!!

:)

luma:
Good luck on the move/maintnance. this can be a pain in the butt so all the best for a nice smooth transition

Luma

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version