Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customize The Menu..  (Read 3297 times)

erok

• Coppermine newbie
Customize The Menu..
« on: May 22, 2005, 10:53:43 am »

After looking through the template.html and theme.php in my themes folder, I am unsure about how to change and edit the main menu of items.

Basicaly all I am wanting to do is customize the menu (Album list, Last uploads, Last comments, Most viewed, Top rated, etc.). I already searched the forums and the help files, and have commented out the ones I don't want (ie my favorites and ecards) SO what I need help with is how to rename the previously stated items..

I want to change "Album list" to simply "Gallery" (just the text/link that you click on) and a few other small changes like that. I haven't been able to find any text in the main files to do this though, it looks like more scripts with { } tags (and I only know basic HTML).

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 07:17:33 am by GauGau »

erok

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Customize The Menu..
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 10:55:49 am »

p.s. I want the links and where the page directs to to remain the same..all I want is to be able to simply call it something else (ie "Gallery" instead of "Album list"..) seems so simple..yet I have no idea how to do this?

erok

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 09:07:39 am »

thanks for all the overwhelming support! heh.  :-\

I found out that it's in the lang directrory (english.php), it contains all the text for the site..incase anyone else was thinking the same thing!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 09:10:50 am »

edit lang/english.php, find
Code: [Select]
  'alb_list_lnk' => 'Album list',and change to
Code: [Select]
  'alb_list_lnk' => 'Gallery',
Note: "album list" is not the same thing as a "gallery home" link: it sends you to the album list within the category you currently are. There are however plenty of posts that explain how to add a "home" link to your menu. Please search before posting.

[edit]
While I was typing my reply you posted your little sarcastic remark on the speed of replies. This is not a hotline >:( !
Read http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php#lamesupport
[/edit]

erok

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 09:42:15 am »

ty for getting to my response  :D ! (even if I had just found out the solution)

and I apologize for my little dose of sarcasam..was not having a good day and I should be more patient / not expect too much ;)

ps, any idea how to make when you click on a Category in your Album List (now currently renamed to "Gallery" on my site) from the front page, for it to list out the current albums in that category? Currently it only shows two things when you click on a category:

1) Latest Additions
2) Most Viewed

it would seem natural that if a user wanted to see the a category of "photographs" he be taken to my album listings of "urban", "macro", etc.

thangks again Gau!!  :o

[edit GauGau]
The stuff I formatted with strikethrough is not related to the subject of this thread and should have been posted in another thread (as we have a "one question per thread" policy). Erok appears to have realized this and has posted his question again on a separate thread, that's why I (sort-of) wiped out his second question)
[/edit]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 07:20:33 am by GauGau »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.