Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Total screw up  (Read 10499 times)

Konstantinos

• Coppermine frequent poster
Total screw up
« on: May 19, 2005, 09:11:48 am »

My x girlfriend delete ALL my public_html folder from my server which she had ftp access which i forgot to remove. My host said that they wont back it up for me cause they only do backups in hardware failure. I didnt have backed the folder my self but the databases are intact. I had some 1 month backups which i upload of my site forum and gallery. Now about the lost pics whats the best way to re put them? to tell the users to go and re upload them or to tell the users to send them to my and to upload them mannually in a folder since the database has the info ? If so which folder and how do i put them and how do i get a list of the exact filenames to ask them from the users ? its about 50 pics that i lost

Also i turn the gallery off line from the admin cp but it doesnt go offline and when i go back at the config the option is set to gallery on line although i had checked off line
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 09:49:38 am by Konstantinos »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Total screw up
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 09:54:48 am »

We have a "One question per thread" policy you agreed to respect when signing up on this forum.

What you're up to means "forensic surgery" on your coppermine install, there can't be a general recomendation on how to make your coppermine install work again, as it depends on your skills. If the same would have happened to me, I would be looking up the paths for the pics in coppermine's pictures table in the database and restore the actual files accordingly, but this requires some skills. If you don't have many comments, hits and ratings on your file that must remain intact I suggest by starting from scratch (removing the existing dead entries in your database and re-adding the pics to your coppermine db by uploading and batch-adding).

The gallery not being able to be switched into offline mode shows that you're running an outdated version of coppermine, you should upgrade to cpg1.3.3.

Konstantinos

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 10:07:03 am »

I installed coppermine again and i have everything ok all member registrations albums settings etc. the only i miss is 50 pics. i can see the filenames of the pics on the member albums but i cant copy paste the filenames from there to request them from the users i just want those filenames so i can upload the pics by ftp. where do i get the filenames and where do i upload them ?

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 10:14:44 am »

(GauGau already answered while I was composing this reply. Anyways I am still posting this one)

Manual insertion of pics will be tedious and should be done carefully. Easier will be to tell the users to reupload them.

However if you want to manually insert the pictures and have the database intact then follow the steps given below.

# Go the cpg_pictures table in database and note the paths of pictures (against the column filepath) that were lost.
1. Put the new pictures to their respective location (Names should exactly be the same as in filepath)
2. Now browse coppermine and log in as admin
3. Click on "Admin Tools" button
4. Select "Update thumbs and/or resized photos (1)" with option "Both thumbnails and resized pictures"
5. From the album select box at the bottom select the album in which those pictures lie
6. You will have to repeat steps 3 - 5 for all the album in which the lost pictures were.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 10:24:41 am »

as suggested above: use a tool like phpMyAdmin, browse coppermine's pictures table. You'll find entries in the column "filepath" that shows the relative position of the file within the albums folder. Example: if the filepath entry for the pic id "23" shows "foo/bar/whatever/" and the filename entry shows "myfile.jpg" and your albums folder is located at http://mysite.tld/my_coppermine_folder/albums/, then you would have to restore (FTP-upload) the file "myfile.jpg" to http://mysite.tld/my_coppermine_folder/albums/foo/bar/whatever/.
If this sounds too complicated for you, then empty your pictures table and start from scratch by uploading "myfile.jpg" by regular coppermine user interface means (i.e. anywhere you could possibly think of).
As suggested above: restoring a broken coppermine install without a proper backup needs advanced skills. That's why we recommend doing a backup (both of the files and database) on a regular basis and not granting admin access (and FTP access actually means admin access in your case) only to people you absolutely, fully trust. Yours is an extreme case, which requires extreme skills. Sad as it may sound: you will only be able to restore everything as it used to be before the incident with your ex girl-friend if you're willing to spend some time on it.
Another recommendation: before further messing with your install, make sure to backup everything (both files and database), so you can savely go back to what you have now.

Konstantinos

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 10:27:41 am »

only to people you absolutely, fully trust
I trusted here untill 3 days ago. didnt know she whould prove to be such  a bitch  :-\\

Ok i browsed those albums as i whould if the pics where there and i copied all exact filenaemes 1 by 1 into txt i will request those pics from the users and see what happends

58 13 userpics/10014/ s3dc00080.jpg

This is from phpmyadmin so i guess i make a folder 10014 in the userpics and i upload all the files there from the same user
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 11:00:58 am by Konstantinos »

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 11:01:07 am »

Yes make the folder 10014 and upload that user's pic in that folder.

But again the chances that you will be able to sort out the problem manually are very poor. If I were you then I would have thought twice and would have opted for the cleaner way i.e reuploading the pictures through coppermine. Anyways its upto you what to do. Best of luck.

And be carefull with your next girl friend :)
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

Konstantinos

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 06:57:31 pm »

I uploaded some files with the correct filename and the correct folder but it doest work. Can i upload them by myself and then move them from my album to the user album?

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open 'albums/userpics/10018/thumb_0929_224725X.jpg' for writing in /home/greekbds/public_html/albums/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 218

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/greekbds/public_html/albums/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 224

Warning: getimagesize(albums/userpics/10018/thumb_0929_224725X.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/greekbds/public_html/albums/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 226
ERROR creating:$thumb

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open 'albums/userpics/10018/normal_0929_224725X.jpg' for writing in /home/greekbds/public_html/albums/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 218

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 08:25:25 am »

If you go for the "restore" option, you will have to upload using ftp, not coppermine's built-in upload mechanisms. Make sure you have CHMODed all folder within the albums folder properly. As suggested above both by Abbas Ali and me: what you're up to is tricky, you're on your own with this. If you don't understand the error messages you get, I strongly advice that you forget about restoring the pics inside the original locations and go for option "B": fresh uploads. What I'm trying to say (in a friendly manner): it doesn't make sense if you come back here asking questions how to restore your site. We will not do this for you (because we can't), so you're on your own with this.

Konstantinos

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2005, 09:01:10 am »

The folders are chmod to 777. anyway i will reupload the pics normally but i dont want to let the users know that a fuckup was made. Is there any option to upload the pics as admin in my album and then move them in the users albums? Like when the admins in forums move threads etc. The admin can delete pics but he cant move them from one album to another ? Ι am talking about private useralbums
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 09:53:19 am by Konstantinos »

Konstantinos

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2005, 12:54:45 pm »

Ok i went in the database i found the users password i login as them and i upload the pics in their albums :D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 01:34:49 pm by Konstantinos »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.