Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: please change powered by coding  (Read 7899 times)

scifiguy

• Coppermine newbie
please change powered by coding
« on: May 12, 2005, 09:13:04 pm »

In particular I find the following problematic in the powered by credit:

- Using a generic "footer" class causes it conflict with many site's existing stylesheets making site integration more difficult. I recommend using something unique and descriptive like "cpgcredit" or even "cpgfooter" so it can be styled independantly and is unlikely to conflict with other stylesheets.

- You have hardcoded inline styling on the div, including centering it and adding top padding. I am at a loss as to why you would do this on code that is inaccessible to the page designer. I would like to see the inline styling removed so that the external CSS file can fully determine its display.

Currently it is trivial to totally hide the powered by credit via css so I really don't know why you have made it so difficult to access the actual HTML portion of it in the first place. Regardless, as far as I can tell the above changes would make it vastly more user friendly without having any impact on whatever value you feel the current code obfuscation provides.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 09:47:49 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: please change powered by coding
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 09:47:34 am »

you're right, marking this thread as "valid" and moving to "approved" section.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.