Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Errors when running install.php  (Read 5694 times)

dunblane33

• Coppermine newbie
Errors when running install.php
« on: April 19, 2005, 04:50:49 am »

I have just completed a fresh install on Windows XP SP2 of the following:
Apache 2.0.54, MySQL 4.1.11, PHP 5.0.4 and ImageMagick 6.2.1
I have selected default installs on everything as this is new to me and manually installed PHP.
The CPG1.3.2 installation folder has been copied into C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs

All components test OK individually, however when I run http://localhost/cpg132/install.php and complete the form I get the following errors on the page:

Notice: Undefined index: PATH_TRANSLATED in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\cpg132\install.php on line 21
Notice: Undefined offset: -1 in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\cpg132\install.php on line 22

I can run any of the other PHP pages but the app keeps telling me I need to install coppermine.

Steve Moore

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I approve.
Re: Errors when running install.php
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 10:37:50 pm »

Please search the board for PATH_TRANSLATED.

--OmegaGOD
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

Suffering

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 06:14:26 am »

I'm also trying to install on Windows XP SP2 and having the same troubles.  I'm using the built-in IIS web server however.

MySQL 5.0.12
CPG 1.3.3

I'm getting the same errors with the PATH_TRANSLATED variable being undefined:

Notice: Undefined index: PATH_TRANSLATED in C:\Clement Kin Web Sites\ClementRoot\coppermine\install.php on line 21

Notice: Undefined offset: -1 in C:\Clement Kin Web Sites\ClementRoot\coppermine\install.php on line 22

I've searched all the posting for answers and found nothing that helped.  I did try replacing the PATH_TRANSLATED variable with SCRIPT_NAME, and the errors go away but I am left with a blank page.

And oh btw, I do have register_long_arrays = On in my php.ini.  Didn't help at all.

All in all this has been a very frustrating experience.  I have spent hours looking for answers to no avail.  The most frustrating thing is the lack of helpful error messages and poor documentation.

Can anybody please help?

thegent

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 09:58:32 pm »

i get the same error

i think it is an assumtion on the part of coppermine that everyone will use the wwwroot folder.
neither you nor i use that folder, we have the same problem
i bet if you install using a site built on wwwroot, like i did, you will have no problem, just like me.
Confucias say:
Man who walks sideways through door at airport is going to Bangkok!!

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 11:42:47 pm »

i get the same error

i think it is an assumtion on the part of coppermine that everyone will use the wwwroot folder.
neither you nor i use that folder, we have the same problem
i bet if you install using a site built on wwwroot, like i did, you will have no problem, just like me.

What?  That makes no sense and has absolutely nothing to do with this issue.  This has everything to do with a lack of experience when running webservers on a home machine, especially under IIS.  Microsoft has a "fix" posted for PATH_TRANSLATED not showing up.  Try googling for PATH_TRANSLATED IIS.

I have Apache 2.0.54, PHP 5.0.4, and MySQL 4.1.13 running on my W2K Pro test box.  Straight out of the box, with no odd tweaks, Coppermine 1.3.4 and the latest dev work without incident.  If I have error notices turned on in php.ini, I see the undefined index: PATH_TRANSLATED, but it has not stopped things from working.  If you choose to use IIS, I suggest reading up on how to properly administer it.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Suffering

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 04:19:52 am »

All I had to do to get things working is to roll back PHP to version 4.40 from 5.XX.  I have not resolved the PHP PATH_TRANSLATED errors, but as you say it doesn't keep things from working...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.