Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how much for someone to do some database bridging  (Read 7588 times)

coffejor

• Coppermine newbie
how much for someone to do some database bridging
« on: March 30, 2005, 05:07:07 am »

Hey guys/gals,

I have an Access database with user information and would like to use it for my username and password. There are separate fields for last name and first name, as well as a member number associated with each member. I would like to come up with a login system using some combination of their first and last name as the username and the member number as the password. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in the challenge, and how much it would cost me.

I assume that its a fairly simple task after reading about bridging, I'm just don't have the knowhow to do it.

We're a non-profit org, and I will be paying for this out of my pocket as a donation to the club so if it could be done affordably I would very much appreciate it (I'm just a college student  :-\\ ).

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Jordan Coffey
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 07:29:47 am by GauGau »

coffejor

• Coppermine newbie
Re: how much for someone to do some database bridging
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 07:53:01 pm »

I think that people may be getting the wrong impression from my original post so I'll clarify:

1) What I meant by "login system" is just a way to use some combination of the member's name for the username (e.g. John Doe's username would be something like doejohn or doe.jo)

2) When I said "done affordably, I meant less then $100; I could swing something like $40 or maybe a little more if thats what it takes.

I don't need anything elaborate, or any fancy customization, I just need a fairly straight forward bridge.

Thanks!

Jordan

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 08:49:19 pm »

This isn't a bridge you are asking for, it is a script to import users from a file into the coppermine database. If you send me the exported CSV file, or a sample of it, I'll see what I can do.

coffejor

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 06:09:41 am »

Just wanted to let anyone who reads this that Nibbler took the job, so its no longer available.

I'm incredibly impressed with how quickly he handled the job, and with how good he was to work with. He quickly did exactly what I wanted done (within a day) and for an extremly resonable price. I would be happy to work with him again!

Jordan

coffejor

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 07:09:25 am »

Nibbler is going to write this up and put it in the Mod section for anyone interested.

Jordan

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 06:01:07 pm »

Available here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.