Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Way to make "personal" gallery public?  (Read 2879 times)

mateo107

• Coppermine newbie
Way to make "personal" gallery public?
« on: March 18, 2005, 05:01:53 pm »

Hi!

I've checked around and haven't seen anything address this... but it could be that I missed it.

I would like to have an option, where the user can select which group can post to their gallery's/albums.

I know that currently the options are:
"WHO CAN VIEW THIS ALBUM>> (GROUPS LIST) BOX"  and
"ALLOW VISITORS TO POST?>> (YES/NO) BOX"

Basically...
Is there a mod/hack out there to add a line (and permissions) in between this... so that, for example, you could say that VISITORS can NOT post to the forum, but REGISTERED users can?

Thanks!

-Matthew-
mateo107@cox.net
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 08:20:25 pm by TranzNDance »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Way to make "personal" gallery public?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 06:02:39 pm »

I think you're mixing some terms up: coppermine is not a forum, but a gallery. An admin can determine further details regarding permissions, a regular user can't (and most coppermine site admins wouldn't want to give their users permission to do so anyway).
There also is some misunderstanding as well what a visitor and a registered user is (in album permissions), I suggest you review the documentation.
Anyway, this is the "feature requests" board, where requests for features in future versions of coppermine are meant to be posted in, so there's no actual support to be found here.

Joachim

P.S. Posting your email address will only lead to your mailbox being spammed more ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.