Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uninstalling xp_publish.php...  (Read 2379 times)

NeAlvey

• Coppermine newbie
Uninstalling xp_publish.php...
« on: February 22, 2005, 03:41:49 am »

Hi all.  I don't know if there is a fix for this or not, I would guess it would need to delete some registry entries, but how to know which ones I don't know.  Anyway, here's the problem.  While playing around with the gallery, I had it in the root directory of my webserver.  I sent the xp_publish.php file to a few family members to try it out and it worked great.  However, I have since re-installed a new gallery under /photos (figured easier to re-install rather than move).  I then installed the XP_Publish registry entry again and now I have two different gallery's listed.  One is the old one though and it gives me an error since it cannot find it.

Has anyone come across this and if so, were you able to remedy it?  Thanks for your help!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Uninstalling xp_publish.php...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 09:15:52 am »

indeed you have to edit your registry: run regedit and navigate to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\PublishingWizard\PublishingWizard\Providers\ and remvoe the older branch of your two galleries there. Be extra carefull when editing the registry (maybe you should export the branch before deleting it).

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.