Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: When viewing gallery, I get double vertical scrollbars  (Read 32579 times)

d00mz

• Coppermine newbie
When viewing gallery, I get double vertical scrollbars
« on: February 10, 2005, 06:10:55 pm »

Please help.  When viewing my gallery, I get two vertical scrollbars.  Is there a way to fix this?

I've searched the board for this item before, I apologize if it's been answered before. 

Here's an example of the upper right of the screen.

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dorkon.com%2Fimg%2Fscrollexample.jpg&hash=c978995c5eb3ed0556836ceff4e75796a387b84c)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: When viewing gallery, I get double vertical scrollbars
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 04:45:26 pm »

you appear to be using an iframe, so this is expected behaviour. For details, post a link...

Joachim

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 04:00:20 am »

yes, pnCPG uses an iframe but within the last distibution is also an option to emove them (which does require a small change to PostNuke).
Read the tips.txt in th doc directory.
Cas

dwjantz

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 07:12:09 am »

You can also go into the Config and allow the gallery to open in another window.  I did this and it is MUCH better. 

jwbonez

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 04:17:40 am »

I followed the tips.txt file regarding the double scroll bars.  It works great with IE but not in Mozilla.  Any suggestions?

dwjantz

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 06:44:05 am »

Go to your Config and set the gallery to open in its own window.  Gets rid of the double bars. 

jediping

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 04:32:34 pm »

I'm having the same double-scrollbar issue. I have followed the directions in the tips.txt file, including the ones for Netscape, hoping they would work for Firefox. I can get rid of the iFrame scrollbar in IE, but still not in Firefox. It looks like it's about to, and then it ... doesn't.

Any advice? Opening in a new window or a full window doesn't work for the situation I have.

You can see the behavior at http://biistate.net/testnuke/ The Coppermine gallery link is at the bottom of the menu.

jediping

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 04:56:33 pm »

Nevermind. I installed PostWrap and got it working with that.

As one more note, I made the tips.txt suggestions. Had to do that, or it still showed up with postwrap. Without postwrap, it still gives the double-bars.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 05:26:42 pm by jediping »

theChronic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 05:25:40 am »

I've made the adjustment from Tips.txt and it takes away the scrollbars but it then only displays like the first half of my gallery and then is just white. Any ideas?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2005, 07:15:10 am »

link?

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2005, 05:15:55 pm »

Some more info would be nice, all browsers ?, which versuion of pnCPG etc..

Cas

AimEnglish

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2005, 06:24:38 pm »

Ok, for myself this is a little too much to take....
  I downloaded the latest version of Coppermine and in the DOCS section there was no file named tips.txt.  There was no .txt file at all.  Also I went into the config section and there was no option to have the gallery open in a new window... if there is under what sub section is it?
   I have these 2 scroll bars which are driving me nuts!  When I clicl on an item in the main screen it jumps me to the top of the screen and sometimes I can select the photo or catagory buy usully it keeps bringing me to the top of the screen.
   I use Netscape to view the gallery and the gallery is located at http://www.aimenglish.ca/photos/index.php
I saw an earlier post that I can no longer find that edited a file and changed the setting to '0' or something... 
I just wish it would work right off the install..    :\'(

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2005, 07:51:57 pm »

Looking at your site, I notice you are not using PostNuke at all. This forum is dedicated to the pnCPG module which enables single signon between Coppermine and PostNuke.
In your case you adjust the number of pictures presented on the homepage within the config section of Coppermine itself.
Cas

AimEnglish

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 02:45:24 pm »

casNuy  Nope ... changing the settings didn't work...  I tried changing most of the size settings, one at a time, and together but nothing worked.  If this section is for Post Nuke support only, where whould I post this problem since other people are having a similar problem here.  i even get the double scroll bars in the config section.   
   Can anyone point me in the correct direction? 

Thanks
J-P

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 08:23:11 pm »

this is related to your framed setup. Post a link to the page where we can see your coppermine install inside your frame/iframe. A moderator will then move this thread if applicable.

AimEnglish

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2005, 03:52:52 pm »

" Post a link to the page where we can see your coppermine install inside your frame/iframe"

How do I do that?  I didn't install the script.  My host did that for me.  I am not certain what an "iframe" is not where I should look for the files your require.

Thanks
J-P

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2005, 09:43:53 pm »

read the docs that come with pnCPG then, or ask your webhost for support.

AimEnglish

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2005, 04:10:50 pm »

Ok ... I don't know wether to be happy or angry.
Gau Gau:  Nothing in the docs is related to Iframe or frame set up.  I know you helped write those docs and you know what you are talking about but it is just not there.  The web host does not provide support for 3rd party applications.. which is why I am here.  If you insist on giving one line responses you can try something like "look in the FAQ document under section 1.x for your answer."  Try to be a little more reasonable in the replies.
   Next:  I found the error not in the core code, but in the "Fruity" skin.  I don't know why I decided to try other skins, but I checked out all the default skins and none of them had this problem.  Only "Fruity" had this design flaw.  So if you need to move this thread.. please do so.  For others having double scroll bars, please check your skin selection.. not all are created equally.

http://www.aimenglish.ca/photos/

Thanks
J-P   >:(   :D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2005, 04:53:34 pm »

you posted on the thread http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=22690.msg110257#msg110257 that you were able to solve this issue. In the future, please resolve the threads you started, preferably saying what you did to fix your issue for the benefit of others.

AimEnglish

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2005, 05:28:36 pm »

Ok ... done.... but I didn't want to double post the same issue.. I know it is some times taboo.  In this case beacue it was in a "non-support" section I didn't post the resolution.  I will edit the link and point it here (but this may get moved so I am not certain what to do at this point).

J-P
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.