Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about future translations  (Read 3679 times)

musikalg

• Translator
  • Coppermine newbie
Question about future translations
« on: February 09, 2005, 11:02:56 pm »

I know it's to early to start translating Coppermine 1.4.X yet, but I have one question. Some parts, like the logg-section and the help section are only aviable in english now (and they don't appear in the language file). Does this mean it will be impossible to translate everything in the user interface to local languages?

/musicalg
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 08:44:42 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Question about future translations
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 08:44:30 am »

Only the english language file in the devel branch of the cvs is a "real" cpg1.4 language file, all other files are just the versions from cpg1.3.2, which work to some extent with cpg1.4.x as well - all new features that required additional translations are not available for other languages than english. This will change as soon as "real" language files for cpg1.4.x will be released; we will send the english language files to the translators and ask them to start translating as soon as we agree on a feature freeze for cpg1.4.x.
So, to answer your question: it will not be impossible to translate everything; everything in the coppermine user interface will be internationalized/translated as soon as there are real cpg1.4 language files available.

As this is not an actual bug report, I'll mark this thread as invalid though.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.