Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal Error at catmgr.php  (Read 16182 times)

deejaymoni

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • jessicaalbafanatics.com
Fatal Error at catmgr.php
« on: November 14, 2004, 11:40:54 am »

Hello guys,

I have this error here when I wanna access my categories selection as an admin what is this???

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 25645 bytes) in /home/jafcodbf/www.jaf-community.de/imagegallery/catmgr.php on line 383

kisses deejaymoni

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Fatal Error at catmgr.php
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 01:07:55 pm »

try using one of the unmodified standard themes that come with coppermine to make sure this is not related to your theme (e.g. by going to http://www.jaf-community.de/imagegallery/catmgr.php?theme=classic ) You will have to temporarily upload the classic theme for debugging purposes, as it doesn't exist on your server. Did you apply any modifications to catmgr.php? If not, I suggest replacing the file on your server with a fresh one (maybe the file has got corrupted).

Joachim

deejaymoni

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 05:57:13 pm »

I have upload the classic theme and also a new catmgr.php but it doesn't wanna work and any modifications I don't have on catmgr.php.

Now it shows me another error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 25864 bytes) in /home/jafcodbf/www.jaf-community.de/imagegallery/catmgr.php on line 212

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 06:28:40 pm »

Do you have a huge amount of categories and pictures in your database?  This error usually means something is asking PHP to process too much information all at once.  You can try increasing the memory_limit variable in your php.ini to see if that helps.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

deejaymoni

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 11:23:52 pm »

Yeah I have 12703 images in 438 albums and 267 categories it a huge gallery that is just the beginning.

So that could be memory_limit error but why that?

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 12:27:32 am »

PHP is tasked to read all the category information in, and with that many categories it could simply be running out of memory.  Increasing the memory size may fix your problem.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

deejaymoni

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 03:19:06 pm »

I don't have any php.ini to change something where I have to change the memory limit?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 06:43:50 pm »

If the server isn't yours to configure, asl your webhost / server admin for support. If they refuse to change the setting, you'll have to consider switching webhosts I'm afraid.

Joachim

deejaymoni

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004, 05:27:18 pm »

I have hosted the server and I have access to it but I'm not a prof so have somebody any ideas how could I change it???

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2004, 06:41:40 pm »

If you're hosting it on your computer, you should do a search for the file 'php.ini' throughout your computer.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2004, 06:53:20 pm »

as a sidenote: imo you shouldn't be hosting your site yourself (i.e. run a webserver) if you have no idea about such basic things as the php.ini file. I strongly recommend reviewing the whole idea of self-hosting and consider proper webhosting instead.

Joachim

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2004, 03:59:16 am »

If someone DOES have a huge Gallery Like that, and they can't change the hosts config, what about breaking up the content and running multiple CPG installs?

Thats got to be a pretty overwhelming amount of categories and albums to go through, I'm sure they could come up with some larger META catagories and run them out of different cpg installs.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2004, 08:20:52 am »

If the host refuses to change settings in php.ini to something that makes sense, you're probably with some low-budget host. You can't expect to run a resources consuming, high-impact site on a low profile budget host. Making your mind up about splitting coppermine into different bits is imo the wrong way to address this issue; instead you should switch hosts, or just simply pay the host for what you're up to. If you can't afford to drive a Porsche, there's no point to buy two Volkswagen Beetle and stick them together and pretend to have a Porsche.

Joachim

Buzz

• Coppermine newbie
    • Honda Club Greece
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2005, 01:51:29 pm »

Hi im using invisionpower 1.3 final i tried to create a new category in my admin panel and i got this message

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /gallery/catmgr.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2005, 03:11:48 pm »

@Buzz: This isn't related to the original post in this thread.  Please don't hijack threads.  Search the boards and make a new thread if you don't find any relevant posts.

Buzz

• Coppermine newbie
    • Honda Club Greece
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2005, 04:41:36 pm »

Sorry  :-[

deejaymoni

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 11:59:15 pm »

If the host refuses to change settings in php.ini to something that makes sense, you're probably with some low-budget host. You can't expect to run a resources consuming, high-impact site on a low profile budget host. Making your mind up about splitting coppermine into different bits is imo the wrong way to address this issue; instead you should switch hosts, or just simply pay the host for what you're up to. If you can't afford to drive a Porsche, there's no point to buy two Volkswagen Beetle and stick them together and pretend to have a Porsche.

Joachim

hehe true well I have a server hosted at strato with 160 GB webspace. It's a porsche but not a ferrari ^^ And I think too it doesn't make a sence to use cpg as a multisite system with different cpgs with different users and different boards because I have installed also a bridge between phpbb and cpg.

I have to figure it out what would be the right config for php.ini I have changed some things especially the memory limit but it doesn't wan't too work and the gallery is at the moment so huge with 36000 images well I hope I find finally a way or I buy a book for me called "PHP.INI FOR NEWBIES". ^^

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.