Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Show first level album thumbnails in categories" doesn't seem to work  (Read 12534 times)

spaceman

• Coppermine newbie
    • Itomic Business Website Solutions

I've seen this problem mentioned quite a bit in these forums, but none seem to have come to a satisfactory conclusion. On the index.php page of my gallery I'd like to see the user gallery thumbnails instead of just 'Categories > User galleries'.

In other words, I want to get my home page: www.thegerrings.com/gallery/index.php
to look like this: www.thegerrings.com/gallery/index.php?cat=1

I'm using v. 1.3.2.

Config > Album list view > The content of the main page = breadcrumb/catlist/alblist/random,2/lastup,2
Config > Album list view >  Show first level album thumbnails in categories = Yes

For my money, the above should do it. But of course it doesn't (otherwise I wouldn't be writing this post).

The documentation for this section (http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php#config_album_list) looks like this:

The content of the main page

This option allows you to change the content of the main page displayed by the script.

The default value is "catlist/alblist/random,2/lastup,2"

You can use the following "codes"

* 'breadcrumb': navigation inside the gallery (e.g. "home > category > subcategory > album")
    * 'catlist': category list
    * 'alblist': album list
    * 'random': random files (leaving random files "on" for huge galleries with more than 10,000 pics might result in performance problems; switch random "off" in this case)
    * 'lastup': last uploads
    * 'topn': most viewed
    * 'toprated': top rated
    * 'lastcom': last comments
    * 'lasthits': last viewed
    * 'anycontent': inserts php-generated content that has to reside within the file 'anycontent.php' into the index page. Can be used to include banner-rotation scripts or similar.
    * 'lastalb': last created albums

The ,2 means 2 rows of thumbnails.
Show first level album thumbnails in categories

Use this setting to choose between showing or not showing thumbnails from the first album in the categories.

... so unless I'm completely misreading it, then I think there's nothing more I can do.

So is this a bug, or am I missing something really obvious (in which case I'm bracing myself for a flaming).  ;D
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 09:09:46 am by GauGau »
www.itomic.com - perth business website solutions

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: "Show first level album thumbnails in categories" doesn't seem to work
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 03:45:24 pm »

The user galleries albums thumbnails will not be shown on the front page, although the album thumbs from other categories will.  This is by design, as users do not actually have first level albums, they have there own sub-category, and their albums are in that.

There has been a hack posted I beleive, to achieve what you want, please search the mods board.

As far as I'm aware, we (the coppermine devs and supporters), never flame users of these boards, but we do sometimes have to point out when users are not following the board rules.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

typexphoto

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 04:29:00 am »

Sorry to restart an old post....but I am looking to have my site do the same this. I would like my user galleries to display on the main page. Is this possible? and if there is a mod, I cannot find it. You could please help

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 09:09:31 am »

There has been a hack posted I beleive, to achieve what you want, please search the mods board.
Do as Casper suggested then.

but we do sometimes have to point out when users are not following the board rules.
One of those board rules says: do not ask stuff related to cpg1.4.x on a board that deals with cpg1.3.x. There is a reason why we have different boards for different coppermine versions: they differ. Stuff that works in cpg1.3.x will probably not work in cpg1.4.x and vice versa.

You already have a thread of your own on the cpg1.4.x support board.

Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.