Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatically create user album based on SMF username  (Read 7003 times)

radianation

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Radianation
Automatically create user album based on SMF username
« on: October 01, 2004, 09:20:11 am »

I'm thinking about limiting my users to having a small number of photos that are associated with their SMF profile. I'd like to have a default album created when they visit coppermine and click upload (assuming they are logged in).  If their username is "bob" then the album created would be called something like "bob" or maybe "bob's photos". Some of my forum users are not savvy enough to figure out how to first create an album and then upload the photos, so any steps we can take to make that easier (and more consistent since the naming scheme would be automatically linked to their profile).

In addition to this feature, I would like to limit them to having only a single public album (and if their group allows for it, a single private album).
I searched the boards and manual did not find this feature.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 08:48:23 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Automatically create user album based on SMF username
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 09:31:57 am »

this has been requested before, and we're considering the feature for future versions of coppermine. There's currently no mod or hack that can accomplish this, so you'll have to code it yourself if you urgently need it. In the future, please pay attention to our board policy that says "only one question per thread".

Joachim

radianation

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Radianation
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 10:13:29 am »

I see... The two questions seem to go hand in hand. Sorry.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 11:57:15 pm »

I'll look into this if I get some time this weekend.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Hamsterpants

• Coppermine novice
    • My Staffie.com
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 12:02:40 am »

This would be a perfect solution for my prob, has any one figured out how to do this?

Dill
Dillon Weyer
dill@mystaffie.com

halloway

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 09:59:36 pm »

This would be a great feature. It is labelled solved, but where is the hack for it?

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 10:03:51 pm »

The problem is it can't really be done without modifying SMF's registration process. You'll need to dig out the query for adding an album from cpg and add it into SMF's registration code once the user's ID is assigned.

Veseliq

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2005, 03:45:42 pm »

I need exactly this and looking for it for days - now I see, that it isn't done yet  :-\\
But the last post in the topic is before 3 months, so is there any progress on the issue or I will have to find the way myself?

thx

Veseliq

edit:
Hmmm, I see the topic marked as solved, but I see there is really no solution in it?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2005, 04:06:40 pm »

did you actually read the last posting before yours, made by Nibbler? We don't know the SMF code, yet this would have to be done by modifying the SMF code. None of the coppermine devs is working on this afaik. So if you need it, you'll have to code it or hire someone to code it for you. This thread has been labelled as "solved" because the question has been answered: the feature doesn't exist but is being considered for the future. You probably will never find code in this thread that explains how this could be done. Replying to it, saying just the same halloway said doesn't make any sense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.