Support => cpg1.4 plugins => cpg1.4.x Support => Older/other versions => cpg1.4 plugin contributions => Topic started by: Nibbler on February 11, 2007, 01:27:48 am

Title: OpenSearch plugin
Post by: Nibbler on February 11, 2007, 01:27:48 am
An OpenSearch plugin for Coppermine. This lets your users use their browser's search box to search your gallery. Works with FF2 (tested) and IE7 (in theory).

It is recommended to use the plugin manager to install this to avoid file permissions issues.

If there is positive feedback I can try adding more features to the plugin.

For more info:
Title: Re: OpenSearch plugin
Post by: rubenix on July 13, 2007, 12:45:13 pm
nice job!! Tested and works with FF and IE7! works fine in my site! but... (theres always a but)

How to store an icon besides de Gallery name as google and others do?? Searched with no luck...

I just tried to edit the xml file and injected an image code like:

Code: [Select]
<Image height="16" width="16" type="image/x-icon">favicon.ico</Image>
as suggested here: (

tried also with the full path URL to the favicon.ico file but that didn't make the trick to make it working...

Any help would be really appreciated!!
Title: Re: OpenSearch plugin
Post by: Davide Renda on July 15, 2007, 11:03:46 pm
Tried and tested on my gallery and works as a charme with Firefox 2 (no idea about IE, as I don't use win). Great work!
Title: Re: OpenSearch plugin
Post by: Joachim Müller on February 11, 2008, 08:26:29 am
When porting this plugin to cpg1.5.x I noticed that there is an issue if you uninstall this plugin and then try to re-install: the placeholder tokens in the xml file get overwritten during initial install - this is not being undone when uninstalling. Subsequently, re-installing won't do anything, as the xml file will no longer be changed (because the placeholder tokens are missing).

Here are the code changes I suggest implementing: add an uninstall function that allows to restore the xml file. I have attached my modified file.

Suggestion for the future: the field "Gallery url (must be correct)" should be dropped and the config setting used instead.