Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GD Error??  (Read 18832 times)

billy

• Coppermine newbie
GD Error??
« on: September 21, 2003, 12:52:16 pm »

Hiya,

Firstly thank you for carrying the torch for coppermine, I think it is an extremely proffesional PHP image gallery, and the best to my knowledge.

I am unfortunately having a couple of problems getting the gallery up and running online, I previously was testing it on a server on my own computer.

My gallery is at www.ubbconline.co.uk/photos

The trouble is that everything seems to work fine except if I try and batch upload reasonlably large jpeg files (anything over about 400kb).

This causes the error:

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg: 'albums/userpics/Leander Boathouse/Leander club boathouse.JPG' is not a valid JPEG file in /homepages/1/d86558679/htdocs/photos/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 158
The image you have uploaded is corrupted or can't be handled by the GD library

I have looked at my hosts PHP settings and it says that GD is on and is version 1.6.2 or greater.  It also says that the maximum file upload size is 20MB.  The PHP and MySQL versions meet coppermines requirements.

I have checked my config several time over, and tried checked that the permissions for the photos are 0644, and directories are 0755.

I have set the max file size and max pixel width/height to be in excess of the jpegs, and set the file space in the groups section for admin to be in excess of the jpeg files.

For the time being I have resized all my photos and uploaded them anyway.

I have sent a similar message to my host enqiuiring if they have put some kind of restriction on the GD function.

Thank you in advance

Billy Davies

By the way, it took me quite a while to actually find this site.  Maybe you should try and increase your ranking on search engines (I used yahoo.co.uk), as if this site is more prolific than maybe some more momentum will fall behind getting coppermine up and on its feet again.  But I am a lowly newbie and I am sure you have considered this.  :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
GD Error??
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2003, 08:10:18 pm »

Re: GD - maybe a timeout problem?
Re: ranking in search engines - the site is only up for around one week, the forum is up for 2 days. We all hope it'll get some momentum. You could help spread the word by linking this site on your homepage (the next version will have it as link of the "Powered by Coppermine"-tag instead of www.chezgreg.net

GauGau

moorey

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: GD Error??
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 03:37:04 am »

Quote from: "billy"
Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg: 'albums/userpics/Leander Boathouse/Leander club boathouse.JPG' is not a valid JPEG file in /homepages/1/d86558679/htdocs/photos/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 158
The image you have uploaded is corrupted or can't be handled by the GD library

Also, as a general rule of thumb, you might want to consider changing the filenames to be all lower case and without spacing in between.  Obviously it probably doesn't have any effect on GD or IM, but it may in other web applications.  :idea:

It wont be long before Google picks up this site.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
GD Error??
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003, 06:56:58 am »

BTW: I submitted this site to google and several other search engines, trying to make it turn up faster on the index...

GauGau

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
GD Error??
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2003, 03:09:13 am »

If you're still having difficulty with large image sizes, I would suggest you investigate your memory allotment on the server.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.