Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Emails not being sent for registration (cpg version 1.5.36)  (Read 12977 times)

dlonskey

• Coppermine novice
Emails not being sent for registration (cpg version 1.5.36)
« on: August 22, 2015, 11:45:29 pm »

I'm a photographer for a motorcycle class and I'm trying to make it available for those students to register on my gallery and have full access to pictures & features. Registration is set where they need to enter a global password (test123 - this will change once I get this figured out), choose a username, enter email address, set a password, then enter a code. There are other fields to enter info but not needed. They also have to agree to an agreement form. I also have it set where an email is sent to the admin (me). I've tried this about 3 times and no email to either the admin or the new user is being received (I've even verified my SPAM folders and nothing). My gallery website is http://sbcgallery.dlonskeyphoto.com if you'd like to try registering and seeing if you get an email. Also, attached is a pdf of my registration settings but if needed, I can set up a temp login for you to use to gain access as an admin if that'll help.

Thank you

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Emails not being sent for registration (cpg version 1.5.36)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 10:52:14 am »

Does sending emails work in general on your server?

dlonskey

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 09:30:12 pm »

It should but now that you mentioned it I'll need to find out. I went back to a previous hosting site I used to use and had an email address set up before. Now that I'm back with them, I'm using my Gmail account and not something set up by them (Dreamhost.com). Thanks...will look into this.

dlonskey

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 05:30:41 am »

Problem fixed...As it turns out I had to set up an email address with my host then use that email as my admin address. Once I did that, I was able to "register" using a "test" name and email. Both the admin and the new user received the emails that would go out so this has now been solved. Thanks again for the help...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.