Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatically ordering front page album list alphabetically?  (Read 5857 times)

dmcaloney

• Coppermine newbie

Hi,

I have had a search through the forums but cant seem to find a solution to a problem I am having.

My site (curve theme), I have a single category which contains around 200 albums. When I view these on the front page (alblist) they are not sorted alphabetically. I have checked the option in the config settings to show them alphabetically but it doesnt seem to do anything.

I am aware I can manually sort these in the Album Manager screen, but as I said I have about 200 so this would be a real pain!

Is there a way I can do this automatically?

Thanks in advance.

dmcaloney

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Automatically ordering front page album list alphabetically?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 10:59:34 am »

no one?  :(

Niecher

• LocalSupporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 11:17:19 am »

I have read your question, but I honestly do not know

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 12:12:13 pm »

Maybe this thread will give you the information you need - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,75487.msg363680.html#msg363680
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

dmcaloney

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 01:41:50 pm »

Thanks Phill, but that thread isn't exactly what I am trying to do.

When I am actually in the album, I have sorted the pictures (in Config settings) to be sorted by name ascending, which is great and what I want.

My problem is that I have imported around 200 albums using the mass import plugin. These are contained in a single category on the front page. However these are displayed in the order they were imported which appears to be random.

I would like to display them alphabetically.

I can do this by editing the albums table directly in the SQL database (pos column), but I was hoping there was a code change or something I could implement instead to save this manual editing of 200+ records.

Hope that is clearer?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 02:17:49 pm »

That's a hidden config option since cpg1.5.22. In the Coppermine database, open the config table, search for the row album_sort_order and change it to
Code: [Select]
ta

Slightly more information can be found in the corresponding feature request: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,75112.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.