Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reinstalling plugins and themes  (Read 6119 times)

Joya

• Coppermine newbie
Reinstalling plugins and themes
« on: June 04, 2011, 04:01:04 am »

Hi. My question is about my themes and plugins, but I know less about plugins, which is why I'm posting here. Hope this is correct!

Anyway, my Coppermine galleries recently got hacked, and there's a virus crawling around on the site (rawr-caps.net, although Google's got the site blocked with a malware warning sign). My host (Dreamhost) says I need to delete and reinstall my themes and plugins. Anyway, my question is if I delete my themes and plugins and then reupload them, will I need to do any online setup to get those two things working again?

I know for starters, I'll need to reinstall my themes; however, considering there's a virus/trojan on the galleries, and considering I'm not yet absolutely certain that the virus/trojan is due to corrupted theme/plugin files, I'm afraid to click "ignore" on Google's warning, and then access my galleries to set up the themes. So, would the galleries still work without any themes (or plugins) installed? Again, I'm assuming simply uploading the themes (and plugins) isn't the same as installing them.

As for plugins, I really don't know anything about them. Would I need to also reinstall them (somewhat like I'd need to reinstall my themes)?

Your help and any tips would be greatly appreciated. And of course, once I can get my site up and running again, I'm definitely going to fully upgrade everything, although I think that's such a huge task, I need to wait until everything I have NOW is virus-free.

Thank you for your time! :)

Joya

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Reinstalling plugins and themes
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 10:04:03 am »

Can someone who is able to please close/lock/delete this? The issue has been resolved. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.