Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add thumbnails to lightbox  (Read 11027 times)

Walkinman

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Skolai Images - Nature, Travel and Adventure stock photos
Add thumbnails to lightbox
« on: April 05, 2011, 01:02:36 am »

Hey Folks,

I had someone redo the plugin for me that Nibbler originally wrote that was ported to cpg 1.5 later then "abandoned" according to this thread.

I'll attach the plugin from my gallery here, and if the dev team would like to add it to the plugin list, they're free to do so (I checked with the developer if that was OK). This time credit and "thank you" goes to Foulu for putting it together - thank you. It's a little different to Nibbler's original one, which was awesome, but it works very well. You can see it on my site here

I only just had it installed, but so far, have had no problems with running the plugin on cpg 1.5.12

Cheers

Carl

Walkinman

Re: Add thumbnails to lightbox
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 11:41:02 am »

hey Folks,

A slightly newer version; the first version above doesn't work with the search function. This one should work correctly.I haven't tested it with other meta albums, but it works fine for me with the search function now.

Cheers

Carl

jayhunter

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 06:04:45 pm »

Hi.

Thanks for you contribution.
Great idea to bring the plugin back, but I won't use it like it is. To make this thing super awesome for me the workflow has to be nicer. Insetead of the action buttons on the bottom of the page, each checkbox should trigger an ajax call that changes the lightbox state instantly. This would make it so much more userfriendly. I really had to look for the buttons ... Maybe you or Foulu are interested in implementing this improvement while you are still on it. :)

Cheers,
Jayhunter

P.S. Gallery at http://www.htbackdrops.com

Walkinman

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 07:38:13 am »

Hey jayhunter

I agree it would be nicer to have the checkbox be all that's required. In that case, maybe you could use something like the text link 'Add to Lightbox' I have on the main image page - see below:

I'd still want an option to 'Empty Lightbox', for me anyway.

I don't know how to do the Ajax thing or I'd try it, and Foulu isn't up for doing it right now.

Oh, the plugin works for me with the SEF-url plugin .. I'm not sure how well it will work for someone using the regular php urls.

Cheers

Carl

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 10:28:27 am »

Walkinman

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 05:06:40 am »

Hey André

Yes, thanks, I saw that before. If the plugin I'm using didn't have that feature, I would definitely add it. Or, if I could get this old plugin of Nibbler's to work as Jayhunter described above, I'd definitely want to add that "Delete Favorites" you linked.

Cheers

Carl

kimchu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 04:43:53 pm »

Hello,

I'm new to coppermine. Does anyone know if Coppermine has plugins or MODs to support multiple lightbox or favorites and be able to add thumbnails to them ? I searched but couldn't find any threads to this topic.

Say I have multiple albums and I want to have a lightbox or favorite for each album.

Any comments would be appreciate it.

Kim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.