Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Social Sharing Plugin (Facebook Like/FB Share/FB Comments/Twitter/VZ zeigen)  (Read 155394 times)

TeknoSounds

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • TeknoSounds

So I used the Album Share today for the first time.  Worked great :D Pulled the album thumbnail and the description of the album np!  Fantastic work :)

TeknoSounds

• TeknoSounds

Alright, so apparently the "Notification Subscription" deal thing is broken or something.  Not getting any notifications when someone posts a comment and such.  I assume this will be fixed in a new version on their side, so nothing we can do about that...

However, I did find someone who wrote a script for emailing you whenever you received  a new notification.  1aB, do you think this could be implemented as part of your plugin? Otherwise I'll have to hack it to get it working right :-/  Here's a link:
http://forum.developers.facebook.net/viewtopic.php?id=74644

mylogon

The only fun part is that the "Share Button" is now depreciated for "Like."
Lovely Facebook.

TeknoSounds

• TeknoSounds

Bug!

For the Facebook Share option for the Albums in the Configure Plugin, it won't pull the setting for the span tags from the database, so when you resave the options it'll save it with no options and must be entered every time or resaved with options later.

TeknoSounds

• TeknoSounds

However, I did find someone who wrote a script for emailing you whenever you received  a new notification.  1aB, do you think this could be implemented as part of your plugin? Otherwise I'll have to hack it to get it working right :-/  Here's a link:
http://forum.developers.facebook.net/viewtopic.php?id=74644

Just in case anyone was wondering, I was able to get this working for email notifications.
However, I'm still working on getting it "integrated" with this mod so that the necessary variables are stored via the database and such.

mylogon

1aB - Anything on that bug fix?  I was holding off until all was OK.  Otherwise, TeknoSounds - what was the workaround you are using?

TeknoSounds

• TeknoSounds

about the bug for the span tag?
I just have to re-enter the settings I use every time...kinda a pain, but really once its set how you like, there you go.

Currently trying to work on applying CSS to my box so it shows up dark and all...but having some conflicts or something.  Either way nothing to do specifically with this mod :p

TeknoSounds

• TeknoSounds

Heyas 1ab,
As most of my pictures are left with the original image name (IMG_xxxx) I'm trying to figure out how to put the album name in there with the image title so its a bit more descriptive when you "like" it...

suggestions where to change it in the code..?

flapane

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Flavio's page

Hi, I don't get this Facebook thing:
----
A comma-separated list of the Facebook User IDs of page administrators. Facebook asks to set either this or an AppId as part of the OpenGraph tags. A Facebook User ID (uid) is a long decimal number. For "newer" Facebook accounts it is part of the profile link. For "older" Facebook accounts it seems to appear only in certain other links within the profile.
---

I don't have any Facebook account, but it seems that I need to insert a sort of id in order to show the LIKE button, am I wrong? What should exactly insert in the "A comma-separated list of the Facebook User IDs of page administrators" text box?

Thanks

flapane

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Flavio's page

EDIT: Is it possible to show both FB and Twitter buttons on the same line rather than as shown in the attached screenshoot?
link

mr.d

• Coppermine newbie

Great plugin..! ;D How i can change language. Id like to change english to finnish?I cant find lines to translate from language file "english.php"

tooney

• Coppermine newbie
    • Les photos de ma famille

Hi everybody  ;)

First of all, thanks for your great job. This plugin is awesome !!!

But i have a (little) issue with the integration in Facebook. I use the functionnalities of :

• Like button
  • Comments (with moderation)

When I use the Like button, the related feed is added in Facebook with the associated image found in the meta "og:image". But when I make a comment, the feed appear in my Facebook profile, but not the image...

This is really annoying, because I'd like my FB friends to see the image linked to the comments!

Is there a way to fix this, or is this the normal way Facebook proceed with the comments application ?

Thanks for your help,

Tooney.

tooney

• Coppermine newbie
    • Les photos de ma famille

Think I have my answer :
http://forum.developers.facebook.net/viewtopic.php?id=77791

According to an administrator of the FB forum, the functionality of picking the "og" informations is not yet available for the comments box...

Too bad, I lose interest for this. I hope FB will add this feature soon!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me

I think a superb enhancement of this plugin would be to allow it to show the icons in other plugins too such as EnlargeIt (http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,57424.0.html) or other lightbox style plugins where the standard intermediate view is not shown. Maybe provide a simple php code that people can include in their scripts to show the buttons in their own.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

1aB

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • Home Page

Hi,

sorry for not having come back for some time.
Mainly answering to TeknoSounds' questions:

Using the filename appears in two functions,
  • function social_sharing_makelinks
  • function social_sharing_metaheaders
Both occurences look similar:
Code: [Select]
if(!$title || strlen($title) == 0) {
                // We should put *something* for the og:title
                $title = htmlspecialchars(preg_replace('/\.[^\.]*$/', '', $pic_info['filename']));
}
It could be an option to simply put
                $title = 'a picture';there, I assume.
Or maybe
                $title = $CURRENT_ALBUM_DATA['title'];would work, too (unsure whether it needs extra html/bbcode de/encoding).
Is it widely requested that a fixed text or the album title should be put when there is no picture title?

The bug in the admin page with the span for the FB share, probably two lines missing in admin.php (I must have lost overview over my copying&pasting at some point...)
$html_plugin_social_sharing_fbshare_attr = htmlentities($CONFIG['plugin_social-sharing_fbshare_attr']);
$html_plugin_social_sharing_afbshare_attr = htmlentities($CONFIG['plugin_social-sharing_afbshare_attr']);

The additional Javascript code for mail notifications... I suppose it should be possible to put it in, as it just seems to be some more HTML to add. (Actually it is rather the config options GUI which makes things really complicated  ;))

About the layout... well... I was actually hoping someone with great CSS skills could find out how to align all the different elements optimally ;) and I could then put that into the plugin as a default for all the <span> attributes  ;D

Just some comments for the moment...
Roland

TeknoSounds

• TeknoSounds

tyty, will look into making those changes :)

As I mentioned in the Download Link thread, I think the JS from the emailer is conflicting from getting it to show...  is there somewhere I could send you my files and maybe look to see what I messed up? Oh the emailer works great, except for emailing you the actual comment, just emails you the link to the page/pic it was posted on

ramnsx

Due to some popular demand here's a Coppermine plugin to put a selection of buttons for a few social networks on the picture page.
Now that I am finished as far as this, I notice there is already an existing plugin which seems to do similar things, Facebook Sharer.

Now if you also want to try this one, it has quite a bunch of config options, as I wanted to hardcode only as little as possible.

Specifically in Facebook it seems to be actually quite a puzzle to predict when or when not a thumbnail will be shown. Although all elements are always provided with a thumbnail image by this plugin, I have managed to only get Facebook to display it right away when either using the old sharer.php, or the Like button but then needing to enter something into the balloon that turns up when liking something. As all of this seems to be functionality inside Facebook, I would not be surprised if it may change every once in a while. If anyone knows a way to provision Facebook into always displayng the thumbnail -- please let me know and/or contribute.

This plugin works together with fb_oauth but can also be used independently of it.

Install via the plugin manager. Check the configuration options; I hope the inline explanations with them are clear.

Important: On a picture page double-check the HTML code that arrives in the browser to make sure that it contains OpenGraph metatags:
<!-- BEGIN OpenGraph metatags -->
<meta property="og:site_name" content="..." />
[...]
<meta property="og:url" content="..." />
<!-- END OpenGraph metatags -->
These tags missing is a known issue with the XFeed plugin and possibly others that also use the page_meta hook. Please fiddle with the plugins order in the plugin manager until these tags really appear in the picture page header. For Facebook you might also find the Facebook Linter useful to check what those information mean for Facebook.

Many thanks for lots of useful ideas and testing go to Thomas Behlke of the Fotofreunde Rathenow who, just as myself, is amazed with all the opportunities that Coppermine and its plugins can offer.

If you like this and can implement even more additions or social networks or improve the (default) layout, please feel free to contribute and extend the code and share it back in this thread.

Now I hope that this may be really some use for some people out there :-)

Best Regards,
Roland

I get error when click "like"
How can i put the link?

Gallery: www.traslanoche.com/gallery/index.php

coconutmilk83

• Coppermine novice

I also get an error when I click the 'Like' button:

The app ID "[deleted my id]" specified within the "fb:app_id" meta tag was invalid.
But the id is absolutely right.

TeknoSounds

• TeknoSounds

I also get an error when I click the 'Like' button:

The app ID "[deleted my id]" specified within the "fb:app_id" meta tag was invalid.
But the id is absolutely right.

Please post a link to your gallery.

Hmm, still running this on mine and tried it out just a second ago, still working fine here. 
Do you two have any other plugins running? have you tried shifting the order?

ramnsx

my facebook butto not work, any can help me?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.