Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blank screen when uploading certain images  (Read 11040 times)

406man

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
Blank screen when uploading certain images
« on: January 16, 2011, 10:18:25 pm »

Firstly thanks for your response with the registration / activation email problem I had a few days ago. I've got my gallery fully working on my test pc at home.

Now I've installed my Coppermine gallery on to a new web hosting service and am trying to get it working. The problem comes when I try to upload a Jpeg image using the “Single file” mode. If the image is up to 800 pixels it loads perfectly. If it is 900 pixels the uploading process completes with a blank screen and no error message.

If I look in the userpics folder, an 800 pixel image has only a thumbs image and image with the same name as uploaded. If I look in my home pc test gallery (which works OK) a 900pixel image additionally has an image whose name is prefixed by “normal_”. This image never gets created on the web hosting server so I guess the problem must be something to do with the resizing to “normal”.

Not sure if it's connected but I had a problem when installing Coppermine that the “imagegif” function is missing because the PHP GD library does not have GIF Write support so modules seem to be missing. I commented out this part of the install procedure and it worked. PHP is version 4.3.2 so quite old but still compatible.

As some files upload OK I would think all the parameters listed in the troubleshooting guide are OK. Any ideas what's wrong ? I suspect a missing/corrupt file or missing PHP module but can't track it down.

Gallery is: http://www.phoenix-rpc.co.uk/galleryprototype
and I created a test user:
Username: testuser
PW: testuser

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Blank screen when uploading certain images
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 03:58:39 pm »

Maybe you're running out of memory. Please check the settings for
  • Create intermediate pictures
  • Max width or height of an intermediate picture
  • Max width or height for uploaded pictures
in your Coppermine config (set it to higher values/disable it). Alternatively you could resize your picture before you upload them to Coppermine.

406man

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 09:41:25 pm »

Now fixed. I had the web hosting company move me to a server with a more up to date version of PHP - 5.3.5 - and the problem has gone away.

Thanks to the support team anyway.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 11:51:59 pm »

It probably wasn't the version of PHP that fixed it here. More likely that the php.ini was configured with more available resources which allows the seetings Andre mentions to work without adjustment.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.