Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Add has stopped working  (Read 6892 times)

TCWORLD

• Coppermine novice
Batch Add has stopped working
« on: September 05, 2010, 08:43:50 pm »

I have been using exclusively the batch upload script to upload everything in my gallery (all 1800 files so far), and have used it since upgrading to 1.5.8 from 1.5.6. However, i decided for one of the files to try and use the Flash Multiple upload script (that just gives 403 errors for each picture), and since then every time I try to use the Batch uploader, nothing happens. The script runs through, but rather than green tics, I just get lots of blanks and then a message saying there are no files in the album, i.e. the script failed to add anything.

I have enclosed links and usernames below, but I'm not sure whether you can test the Batch uploader. The single file upload seems to work absolutely fine with no debug messages, so I am at a loss as to what is going on.

Coppermine version: cpg1.5.8
Direct link: http://www.railways-in-miniature.co.uk/gallery/index.php?theme=Railway
User: test
Pass: test
(have created a custom user group to bypass the admin file approval settings)

Debug mode is on.

Have looked through existing threads, but not found anything that helps.

I did wonder whether it might be to do with the custom theme, but I have been using this screen for the last couple of weeks (since CPG 1.5.6 release)

I have gone through the upload checklist in the help files.

Any ideas?

TCWORLD

• Coppermine novice
Re: Batch Add has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 01:50:27 pm »

I have just reinstalled coppermine except for the anycontent.php and albums, but it hasn't cured the problem.

TCWORLD

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 02:21:02 pm »

I have wondered whether it may be a memory issue, but from the debug information:

upload_max_filesize      128M                             
post_max_size            128M                             
memory_limit             64M                             
suhosin.post.max_vars                                     
suhosin.request.max_vars                                 

==========================
Page (performance)
------------------
Parameter        Current  Peak   
Memory usage     2.83 MiB 4.47 MiB
Page generation  46 ms    46 ms   
Page query time  1 ms     1 ms   
Page query count 20       20     

==========================

The peak memory usage appears to be nowhere near the 64MB memory limit the host server permits.

I found a thread where the person was having similar issue (nott sure how I missed this thread) here: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,66704.0.html , and one of the dev team found that they were having an out of memory error.

How do you locate such an error, as I have been unable to see anthing, presumably dont know where to look.

I can make a tempory admin account if that would be helpful.

I did manage to get the script to work with a tiny file - one of 100px square, so perhaps memory is an issue. I'm just unsure as to why the script would suddenly be unable to process the 1024 x 768 pictures that it was able to a fortnight ago.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 03:37:14 pm »

suhosin.post.max_vars
suhosin.request.max_vars
I'm not familiar with Suhosin, but it seems that it's installed on your system. Please disable/uninstall it and try again. You can also try to batch-add just 1 file (with larger dimensions).

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 04:36:40 pm »

The suhosin variables are always displayed there, even when suhosin is not installed. To see the error message I posted in the other thread you need to right click one of the broken images in the batch add page and select "view image". Exact wording may vary depending on your web browser.

TCWORLD

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 05:10:21 pm »

I have tried Batch add with a single file, but it only seems to work with very small dimension files <100px width. I'm not entirely sure how to disable Suhosin as I am not the administrator of the server.

I am unable to right click on the broken images as the page jumps to the "Album Empty" thing too quickly.

I have created a test admin account as follows:

User: admintest
pass: test

The files I am trying to batch add are located at /gallery/Wales/   and there is an album created at Panoramas-->Wales

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 06:39:41 pm »

This is just a configuration error. The files you are uploading are around 7000px wide and the limit you have set in config was 2048px.

TCWORLD

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 07:11:21 pm »

The max width appears set at 8000px from what I can see. I have posted a screenshot.

Though it is not just those that I cannot batch add, other ones of 1024 x768 wont add either.

TCWORLD

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 07:14:41 pm »

Apologies, I have just tested it and it seems it is working. I presume that you altered the settings for me?

All files seem to be adding fine now. Thanks for your help. Out of curiosity what settings did you change?

Anyway, resolving thread.

Nibbler

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 07:18:52 pm »

I only changed the max width to 8000.

TCWORLD

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 07:30:44 pm »

Fair enough then. Well in doing that the 1024px width photos also batch add. I have just added another 5 pics to the gallery no problem. Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.