What I would like to have for our project is this:
1. The public can:
- View all albums at the intermediate resolution (not full resolution)
- Leave comments in all albums.
- But they CANNOT upload or edit images.
2. Registered members of the Group can:
- Have the same privileges as public users, plus the following:
- View images in all albums at full resolution.
- Upload images to any album.
- Edit images and comments that they have uploaded.
3. Ideally, registered members of the Group should also be able to:
- Create an album that has all of the permissions listed above for 1 and 2.
I have implemented items 1 and 2 successfully with Coppermine v1.5.8. I have attempted item 3, but it does not appear to be fully feasible. That is, I can allow registered Group users to create an album, and the public can view it, but other members of the Group are unable to upload images to it. From what I can see, the ability of a Group member to create an album is associated with the Personal Gallery feature, which is a little different from item 3 above.
Have I interpreted this correctly, or is there a way to achieve item 3? Are there any plans to provide a feature like that?
The alternative (my backup plan) is to have albums created only by the administrator, although that will mean a certain level of inconvenience for the Group.
So that you can see what we are doing:
Here is a page that describes our project: http://cnps-sgm.org/lilyspring
Here is where you can see what we have implemented so far: http://cnps-sgm.org/cpg
You can log in as a registered member of the Group:
There is an album called Trial Album within the Field Work 2010 category that was created by one of the other members of the Group, and therefore exhibits the problem, i.e. you can view the album, but cannot upload to it. All other albums in the gallery were created by the administrator, and therefore meet requirement items 1 and 2 above.
Thank you for any advice re this.