Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.36 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.34 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unknown Coward  (Read 360 times)

klewless

• Coppermine regular visitor
Unknown Coward
« on: June 19, 2016, 09:22:23 PM »

I have just done an upgrade  to the latest CPG version, bridged it to my forum (SMF 2.011 with TP installed).

I had a certain number of albums left behind by former users of the gallery and forum (which is bridged to it). Their images are still there but they bear the label "unknown coward" as album owner. Their albums do not appear on the albums list. What shall I do to remove the "coward" label. The folks in question are actually nice people who have moved onto other things, but were kind enough not to delete their pictures, which we have enjoyed for a long time.

Also the images are "turning up" at random in some other members' galleries.

Thanks in advance!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Unknown Coward
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 09:58:21 AM »

To change the "coward", have a look at the language file(s) in the "lang" directory and search for:
Code: [Select]
$lang_common['username_if_blank']
To fix the reason why this happens, we need more information. I assume the users who uploaded those pictures in the past have deleted their account in your board? From which Coppermine version did you upgraded from? A link to your gallery may also help.

klewless

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 01:54:27 PM »

Andre,

Good morning!

My gallery is in maintenance mode right now, sorry. Thanks for the help though; I will at least remove the insulting title.

I honestly do not think this is a version specific problem, because it was the same on 1410, our old version. On that version, the missing member would be called Mr. X, not "unknown coward"

You are correct about what is happening: the gallery member list was fine before I bridged it, but once bridged, if the member no longer has an account on the forum, the pictures seem to have nowhere to go.

I looked in the database..... it goes by member number (10106, 10109, etc) there and the user info is still all there. But because the member names and accounts are coming from SMF, if it does not find a match, it calls the person Unknown Coward. I can fix that now but what to do with the albums.... hmmm.....

I wonder if I should create new accounts on SMF for those people, create new albums in the gallery,  and move the pictures to the new albums? Would I lose all the peripheral info (stats, hits,comments etc.)? Should I transfer the info in the database to the new row for the new album? Who would own the new account?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 02:18:55 PM »

I think I'd adjust the user ID in the pictures table to the user ID which corresponds to "guest" (i.e. "0") and then either move all affected files to one album or, if you want/need to keep the files in their albums, adjust the album permissions (or whatever is currently wrong).

I assume the affected albums/pictures were created in the "user galleries" category (ID "1)? If so, I need to have a look at the code what exactly Coppermine does if the user doesn't exist anymore.

klewless

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 05:46:27 PM »

Hi Andre,

Good.

I like the idea of doing this with php better than renaming etc. There has to be something. Some sort of "if userID exists / else"? After all it does something with the pictures i.e. doies not ignore them altogether.  Unf ortunately I am at  but I will have a look during lunch break or when I am home.

Thanks again

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 05:53:19 PM »

If you need more detailed help, I need to have a look at your gallery and your MySQL database. Let me know.

klewless

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 03:13:14 AM »

Sorry, how can I PM or contact you please?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 09:04:24 AM »

I just sent you a PM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.