Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Favorites emailable to purchase images  (Read 10844 times)

peternoyce.com

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: Favorites emailable to purchase images
« on: June 08, 2010, 05:35:39 pm »

Hi guys
I can't be the first and I have searched the forums and plugins without success.
To make this really useful as a photo library I need the ability for a client to email me the filenames in the favorites via.
Regards
Peter
Experimenting gallery at www.peternoyce.com/stockimage/
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 09:41:42 pm by Joachim Müller »

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Favorites emailable to purchase images
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 07:34:30 pm »

If the user is logged in the favorites are stored in the database and you can fetch them from there.

peternoyce.com

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 09:12:36 pm »

Thanks Andre, I'll get the PHP books out but for a future update my preference would be for potential clients just to email me the filenames for a quote. Personally I hate having to create an account to buy something let alone just make an enquiry.
Regards
Peter

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 08:47:18 am »

Please get the first draft of the new favorite mailer plugin and report back if this is about you want to have.

peternoyce.com

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 12:13:24 pm »

Hi Andre
Thanks very much for that it's certainly the sort of thing I'm after other than I need the ability for the client to input his email address so I have a point of contact. With this it would be a very useful plugin that solves my problem.
FYI as I'm just starting to build this area I'm running 1.5.6 and the plugin is tested on that.
Presumably the reference in the database is the pid rather than the filename. Sending filename is the ideal but the link to the pid is workable.
You seem to have written that in 3 minutes flat - impressive. Your help much appreciated
Regards
Peter

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 12:38:39 pm »

Not a valid feature request thread. Moving from Feature requests to the support board, where you should have posted in the first place. You need to upgrade your gallery btw. Your username here has not bee chosen wisely unless you're someone who loves to dig through tons of spam mails. Email harvesters will love your nickname.

peternoyce.com

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 01:03:28 pm »

Hi Andre
Started out as a feature request but developed
Good point about the user name but can't seem to change it so I'll start a new account
Thanks again for your help
regards
Peter

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 01:12:13 pm »

Good point about the user name but can't seem to change it so I'll start a new account
Yikes, don't! You're not allowed to re-register! I have renamed your existing account. You should have posted what you wanted the new nickname to be, that was all instead of starting a new account. Starting a new account alone wouldn't have made the old user name go away in your previous postings, so what would have been the point of starting a new account anyway?

peternoyce.com

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 01:21:00 pm »

Thanks for that Joachim. Ah the joys of those who know so little
Regards
Peter

peternoyce.com

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 02:42:48 pm »

rather than mailing the favorites content direct using this plugin how would I change it to send the information to populate the message area of the contact form and open that for the client to send thus solving the 'who's it from' issue
Don't know if this is possible but would seem to be the easiest and most elegant solution if it is.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 07:57:50 pm »

Please start a new thread. We have a one question per thread policy to make things easier for others to follow. In your new thread please post a link to this thread so we have some background.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.