Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arabic Translation ( almost done for user side only )  (Read 9019 times)

Nancy4

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
Arabic Translation ( almost done for user side only )
« on: April 09, 2010, 11:25:38 pm »

Hi :)

I was working in Arabic translation for the nice 1.5.3 version of coppermine, being busy for my job, it is taking longer than expected, so, I could hardly translate the user side interface parts in the language file, I think its the first step for creating a site if admin can deal with English well and I work with it now in my wamp server without problems, also, any Arabic friends can participate and complete the translation together as a team, and I need no credit back to myself at all.

To make it more clear, I translated the file using notepad++ encoded in ( UTF-8 without BOM ) so no need to play with this as it may mess all the file and come up with strange characters, and you better have the latest version of notepad++ cause two versions older there used to be a bug with Arabic letters in some cases.

File is attached, translated of English.php revision: 7236

feel free to download and translate more of it If you have a good knowledge of English, something is better than nothing, so never hesitate to translate as your time allow, That what i will be doing too, so we can see the new coppermine with even the documents in Arabic as a modest appreciation for the coppermine team.

let's start, best wishes :)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Arabic Translation ( almost done for user side only )
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 12:02:12 am »

Thanks for your contribution. I really hope others can pick up and continue your great work. I start Arabic classes soon (I spend a lot of time in Egypt windsurfing so it would be rude not to) but it will be a long time before I am up to doing any translation.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Nancy4

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 12:55:51 am »

You welcome, I hope that too.
for the Arabic language, yea, its really a hard job at the start, cause the characters won't be familiar for you, the way the language is written and formed grammatically is not as English or other European languages, but once you get to know the letters and how to pronounce it, you are ready to go. good luck then.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 09:22:22 am »

Added translation to the SVN repository. Thanks for your contribution, keep up the good work.

Nancy4

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 11:56:41 pm »

You welcome, its not so much, comparing to efforts of coppermine developers.
I just read the new section of languages files instruction in the documentation, I know its meant for developers but just wanted to say its a great strategy, capable of adding many more new languages to the new coppermine.

I will back to translation during the weekend, and still waiting for other Arabic friends to contribute, see ya.  :)

abn-g

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 04:16:08 am »

Thank you very much
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.