Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Flash Media Player plugin with visual integration (play flv/mp4/mp3/aac files)  (Read 239271 times)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

This plugin uses JW Media Player to play mp4, flv, webm, aac, mp3 and ogg files in your gallery (please consider the noncommercial license of the player).

Installation is as simple as it can be: just install the plugin with the plugin manager. That's all.

If you want to use a skin, just copy the skin file to the corresponding directory (plugins/flash_media_player/skins/). The plugin automatically uses the skin file if there's one (and only if there's exactly one skin file).

You can also store your media files on another server and embed them with this plugin. Just add the target URL to a blank text file and then rename it exactly as the target file (including its extension!).

To use JW Player's YouTube support, just add one of the supported URL formats (see box below) to a blank text file and change its extension to either mp4, flv or webm. You need at least the plugin version 2.0 to use this feature (version 2.1 if you want to use webm file extension).
Quote from: YouTube URL formats supported by JW Player
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylLzyHk54Z0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=ylLzyHk54Z0
    http://www.youtube.com/v/ylLzyHk54Z0
    http://youtu.be/ylLzyHk54Z0

It's a good idea to upload thumbnails for your audio/video files with the Custom Thumbnail plugin.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:02:17 am by Αndré »

sixgill

• Coppermine newbie

sweet! Thanks for the quick response!

sixgill

• Coppermine newbie

I installed the media player plug in as well as JW player and created a thumbnail pic. When I click to view the vide, all I get is an overlay that says "Video not found or access denied". Any ideas on how to fix that?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

Post a link to your uploaded video:
8. Post links
When posting a support request, it's helpfull for supporters in most cases to see what the actual page looks like, that's why it's mandatory that you always post a link to your coppermine gallery page when asking for support. If your site contains adult content, make sure to post a warning together with your link!

I installed the [..] JW player
You don't have to install anything else than this plugin (no desktop application and nothing on your server).

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

I have performed some actions on this plugin in the subversion repository. First of all, I renamed it to give it a more descriptive name to "flash_media_player".  Secondly, I have added a changelog and license file and have removed the reference to the GNU GPL: if this plugin is based on a piece of software that is being released under the creative commens license you can't release a piece of software that uses the library under another license - that's what the creative commons license clearly says. The rest of my changes are purely cosmetical.

Good job though on the plugin: it works flawlessly for me out of the box on all of my testbeds as far as I can see.

Subversion web access: http://coppermine.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/coppermine/branches/cpg1.5.x/plugins/flash_media_player/
Download from repository at sourceforge.net: https://sourceforge.net/projects/coppermine/files/Plugins/1.5.x/cpg1.5.x_plugin_flash-media-player_v1.4.zip/download
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 05:31:02 pm by Joachim Müller »

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

Version 1.4 is attached to the initial post.

Changelog:
- Internationalization
- Updated JW Player to version 5.0.753
- Dropped popup button and removed code

purplefreak3

• Coppermine novice

Is it possible that flash plugin and lightbox could work together if a future update? or is this like out of the question as it not possible?

Test gallery link of 1.5.2
http://www.purplefreak3.com/gallery1-5/

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

Is it possible that flash plugin and lightbox could work together if a future update?
Fixed. Problem was not related to this plugin, but to the lightbox plugin. See here.

purplefreak3

• Coppermine novice

Fixed. Problem was not related to this plugin, but to the lightbox plugin. See here.
Thank You

btaz

• Coppermine newbie

any plans to include support for avi files?

--BT

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

The underlying player is not being developed by us. So the answer probably is no.

This thread is going into a direction that it should not go: there is currently no support for cpg1.5.x yet and therefore no support for this plugin neither. Use this plugin at your own risk.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

As long as the player doesn't avi, this plugin doesn't support avi, too.

Dwayne Dibbley

• Coppermine newbie

is it possible to set the autoplay on / off and change the aspect ration? i currently have a 16:9 video but appears in a 4:3 box with black top and bottom bars?

Thanks

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

is it possible to set the autoplay on / off
Just change the Coppermine setting accordingly.

is it possible to change the aspect ration? i currently have a 16:9 video but appears in a 4:3 box with black top and bottom bars?
You have two possibilities:
1.) Change the dimensions in the 'edit file' form (edit_one_pic.php)
2.) Set the default aspect ratio in codebase.php. Add something like
Code: [Select]
if ($CURRENT_PIC_DATA['pwidth']==0 || $CURRENT_PIC_DATA['pheight']==0) {
    $CURRENT_PIC_DATA['pwidth'] = 640;
    $CURRENT_PIC_DATA['pheight'] = 360;
}

Dwayne Dibbley

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks for that, i have now checked the autoplay off in settings :) and i found that specifying the dimensions 640 x 360 in the file info works, as they were 0 x 0

Nigel

Siren

• Coppermine newbie

I am using 1.5.3 Rc , and got warned that the plugins version cannot be determined.
Shell I continue to install it or wait for a new release ?

Thank You :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

The message means exactly what it says: that the version can't be determined, that's all. It doesn't say "don't use the plugin". It just says "hey, I'm not sure if the plugin you're about to install matches the version of coppermine". The message just means that you (as a human) have to check because the machine can't. So you check: what version of the plugin are you trying to install? If it's this version (the one that comes with this thread) and you're actually using cpg1.5.x, you're fine to go ahead and use the plugin. We can't tell you more, as you failed to respect board rules.

mykee

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • One moment from Hungary

After enable this plugin, and select an flv file, I get this message under IE8:
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Latest version installed from flash... What's the problem?
My gallery and demo for AnythingSlider, Photocols and CollagePlus plugin: http://foto.acegem.hu/index.php

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Did you read the thread you're replying to?
Post a link to your uploaded video:
8. Post links
When posting a support request, it's helpfull for supporters in most cases to see what the actual page looks like, that's why it's mandatory that you always post a link to your coppermine gallery page when asking for support. If your site contains adult content, make sure to post a warning together with your link!

mykee

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • One moment from Hungary
My gallery and demo for AnythingSlider, Photocols and CollagePlus plugin: http://foto.acegem.hu/index.php
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 19 queries.