Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delete my account  (Read 17938 times)

Halfhidden

Delete my account
« on: October 24, 2009, 10:43:46 pm »

Crazy... seems that users don't even have the right to delete their own accounts. This is very sad if you have to prevent members from leaving!
Still I was going to post this in general discussions but muller locked that because members were asking for deletion
Code: [Select]
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,58976.0.htmlJust delete my account YOU DON'T MEMBERS.... hell what's up with this place...

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Delete my account
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 12:10:09 am »

Are you asking for your account to be deleted?

Have you just posted this in the "install" forum to be obstreperous?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 02:25:38 pm »

Still I was going to post this in general discussions but muller locked that because members were asking for deletion
That's nonsense. The "General Discussions" sub-board has indeed been disabled in as much as that regular (non-privileged) users can't start new threads there. You can still reply to many existing threads but you can not start new ones there. The thread "[Done]: deletion of forum account" was started by LuthienMoss, and I did as he requested. As we have a strict "one issue per thread" policy and as we don't want the issues of several users rolled into one thread that thread was locked.
Of course you can have your account deleted at any time. Just say it clearly - reply to this thread with the words "please delete my account" and I will do so. After that, I'll lock this thread as well.

This is very sad if you have to prevent members from leaving!
That's nonsense: of course we're aware that we can't keep users from leaving. Just go away and never return if you feel that way. We don't gain anything if stay or do not stay. We don't earn a penny if you use Coppermine or not. So, why should we mind?

but muller locked that
It's either "Joachim", "Joachim Müller", "Mr. Müller" or "GauGau" for you. I don't mind the spelling, as I understand that you can not reproduce the Umlauts with your keyboard, but calling me just "Müller" is not an option for you, at least where I come from. You want to be treated with respect? Then start treating others with respect.

Moved from the install board to the general discussion board. Think of that board "General discussion" as a container for postings that don't qualify as support requests: the threads are kept for the record, that's it. I don't want to lead such meta discussion with you - life is too short to discuss such invalid stuff.

Halfhidden

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 12:24:33 am »

please delete my account

And feel free to keep my contributions... good luck with Coppermine.... you're gonna need it with that attitude! ;)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 08:13:25 am »

Did as suggested and deleted the account. Locking as suggested as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.