Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fastedit plugin  (Read 27448 times)

pie86

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
Fastedit plugin
« on: August 31, 2009, 05:24:50 pm »

Hi everybody,
I'm writing a plugin for my gallery and I wanted to share here the work I have done until now.
The plugin is called fastedit and was thinked to allow registred user to edit title and keywords of the photos they are viewing within the displayimage page.
I have realized this plugin because I share a photo gallery with my friends (very essential use: upload via ftp, batch add in public albums) and I wanted everybody to be able to modify those information. Probably this plugin is useless for most kind of installations but if someone is interested I can post the code.

bye
pie  ;)

ps: I apologize for my bad English!  :-X

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Fastedit plugin
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 10:34:03 pm »

if someone is interested I can post the code.
Please go ahead and post your plugin.

pie86

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 09:29:06 pm »

glad to see your interest!
I've attached the plugin, and perhaps you could help me with a problem: there seems to be a conflict with Light Box  plugin Version 1.2. Depending on the order of the plugins in the plugin manager page, the first or the second works correctly. I've not explored coppermine very well so for the moment I can only report this conflict (probably due to my *very* bad coding capabilities).

hope to hear from you soon!
bye
pie

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 11:29:04 pm »

Doesn't look bad. I'll be away for a while and won't be able to review in detail untill I return.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 11:56:30 am »

OK, this is a feature that only a very limited number of gallery owners will find usefull because of the vandalism potential of your plugin, which leaves a lot of room for imporvement: in a later version you might consider adding an admin screen where the admin can specify which group will have the edit option - this will make the plugin more usable for a g bigger audience. Don't get me wrong: i can see some potential in it, so this is not meant as bashing.

Anyway, I have added the plugin to the downloads section: the deep download link is https://sourceforge.net/projects/coppermine/files/Plugins/1.4.x/cpg1.4.x_plugin_fastedit_v1.1.zip/download
Additionally I have added reference to this plugin on the plugins page.

pie86

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 12:37:00 pm »

OK, this is a feature that only a very limited number of gallery owners will find usefull because of the vandalism potential of your plugin, which leaves a lot of room for imporvement: in a later version you might consider adding an admin screen where the admin can specify which group will have the edit option - this will make the plugin more usable for a g bigger audience. Don't get me wrong: i can see some potential in it, so this is not meant as bashing.
I completely agree with you and I thank you for your suggestions! I was already thinking about adding the admin screen but my spare time is getting shorter now that september has begun!  :-\

However, I'll work on it! :)

cheers,
pietro

dolomites

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 10:44:17 pm »

Lo script consente anche la modifica dell'album (e quindi lo spostamento dell'immagine da un album ad un altro)?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 07:22:20 am »

Only English postings are allowed here!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.