Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newsletter plugin for cpg1.5.x  (Read 37645 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Newsletter plugin for cpg1.5.x
« on: June 26, 2009, 06:46:10 am »

I'm currently working on a newsletter plugin. It doesn't really do anything usefull yet (I'm going to implement actual sending of mailings as the very last step to make sure that I don't get pressurized by users trying to use the plugins pre-maturely, i.e. before it's ready).
The idea behind the plugin is to allow gallery owners to remain in contact with their users and alert them of news on the site. Usually, I'm not very fond of sending even more emails, as the global spam problem really sucks. However, there are two reasons why I'm working on this plugin:
  • A friend of mine needs a simple-to-use newsletter script and is ready to sponsor the plugin
  • Maybe we will use this plugin later to offer an opt-in newsletter for coppermine-gallery.net

The subscription method will be strictly opt-in only to make sure that the plugin is not being used by spammers. I plan to implement queueing of emails to make sure that the script doesn't consume to many resources for a large list of subscribers.

If you want to take a peek at what is ready already you're welcome to check the plugin out at the subversion repository - see http://coppermine.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/coppermine/branches/cpg1.5.x/plugins/newsletter/

Currently, this plugin goes unsupported. The only thing that is currently permitted are code contributions, everything else will be deleted from this thread. I'll edit this initial posting later, so make sure that your reply can work standalone and doesn't look silly if this initial is edited out posting completely.

I'm looking forward to suggestions from fellow devs mainly.

Cheers

Joachim

Download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/coppermine/files/Plugins/1.5.x/cpg1.5.x_plugin_newsletter_v0.16.zip/download
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 08:49:30 am by Joachim Müller »

SaWey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • SaWey.be
Re: Newsletter plugin for cpg1.5.x
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 08:44:03 am »

Not a code contribution, but have you heard of phpList? It probably is to much for your friend, but it's a great mailing list manager.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 03:47:16 pm »

Yeah, I have looked at phplist, thanks for the suggestion. In fact I have been looking at a lot of the existing newsletter scripts before starting to code one on my own. None of them where easy enough to handle for my friend.
The main focus of the newsletter plugin will be the newsletters sent to registered coppermine users. The focus will not be sending emails to guests who just opt-in by entering their email address into a form.

patrick.blazy

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 07:49:31 am »

This will be very usefull, actually I try the plugin but I found a few strange behaviour with my galery, may be a translation problem, I'm using it in french.
I'll follow the evolution of your plugin, thanks for your time and your sharing.

Regards

silverfrog

• Coppermine newbie
    • bytes land
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 11:05:13 am »

Hello, I tried using the plugin in English and Russian versions. Both are functioning well, but I prefer the English, there are less bugs that I basically face afterwards.  ::)
'I speak BASIC to clients, 1-2-3 to management, and mumble to myself.''

silverfrog

• Coppermine newbie
    • bytes land
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 11:06:32 am »

Hello, I tried using the plugin in English and Russian versions. Both are functioning well, but I prefer the English, there are less bugs that I basically face afterwards.
'I speak BASIC to clients, 1-2-3 to management, and mumble to myself.''

tooney

• Coppermine newbie
    • Les photos de ma famille
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 12:07:58 am »

I haven't tried your plugin yet, but I was waiting for this kind of features since a long time!!! Can't wait for the definitive version ;)

Thanks for that!

Midyr

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 10:29:42 am »

Hi,

I tried your plugin with Cm1.5.
But if I want to create a mailing list, I can't select the category.
I also found no entry as userti subscribe.

I tested it with Linux an Win(FF/IE)

Any clue?

Frank

ScottMcf

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 11:09:04 pm »

Is this plug in still being worked on or is it dead now?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 09:08:43 am »

AFAIK nobody works on this plugin.

kcreative

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 12:05:19 pm »

Hallo,

I add this plugin end at Creating mailing wrote `Fatal error: Call to undefined function newsletter_initialize() in /home/galamb23/domains/kcreative.nl/public_html/nl/plugins/newsletter/mailing.php on line 20`. Where is problem?

Kat

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 03:53:49 pm »

Where is problem?
It doesn't really do anything usefull yet (I'm going to implement actual sending of mailings as the very last step to make sure that I don't get pressurized by users trying to use the plugins pre-maturely, i.e. before it's ready)

eXcited

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 10:13:43 pm »

Hi Joachim Müller,

gibts eine Chance das du das Plugin fertig bekommst?

Ich habe eine Gallerie für die Familie am laufen - sehr viele sind in Italien - und die schauen nicht regelmäßig in die Gallerie.

Und ich sehe keine andere Möglichkeit ihnen eine Info zukommen zu lassen über neue Alben , als mit deinem Plugin.

Leider läuft dieses nicht mit meinem Coppermine (v1.5.24)

Gruß

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 12:34:18 pm »

Hi Joachim Müller,

gibts eine Chance das du das Plugin fertig bekommst?

Ich habe eine Gallerie für die Familie am laufen - sehr viele sind in Italien - und die schauen nicht regelmäßig in die Gallerie.

Und ich sehe keine andere Möglichkeit ihnen eine Info zukommen zu lassen über neue Alben , als mit deinem Plugin.

Leider läuft dieses nicht mit meinem Coppermine (v1.5.24)

Gruß
Please always post in English outside the language specific boards. As Joachim isn't active in our board anymore, I assume he won't finish this plugin. Instead of using this plugin, you could also use your local email application to inform your family members of new content in your gallery.

eXcited

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2013, 09:38:49 pm »

Hi, thanks for reply.

Like you wrote in another Thread i give a look if a can find that script which catches all the e-mail adresses of the users
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 20 queries.