Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: if i create/modify a Album it changes to "private album" - why??  (Read 3897 times)

phatair

• Coppermine regular visitor

hi,
i have the problem if i create or modify a album it is always a "private album" but i dont want a private album - a want a open album for everyone.
If i go in the album properties and change something like the description and save this the album is a private album. Bevor i changed the properties everybody can see the album.
What did i wrong? I'm the admin of the gallery - why is the permission on every album that i changed set to "private"??

Please can anybody help me?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 01:16:47 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: if i create/modify a Album it changes to "private album" - why??
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 09:32:13 pm »

You are inadvertently adding an album password when you edit the album. Make sure your browser is not setting a password by itself.

phatair

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: if i create/modify a Album it changes to "private album" - why??
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 10:42:49 am »

THanks a lot nibbler - firefox saved my password for my homepage and added this password on every album if i modified or created it.
Thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

@devs: afaik the browser's password remember functionality is based on field ID/name. For the user login, the password field name is "password", for the album properties screen, the password field's name is "alb_password", so the names differ. How can we teach Firefox and other browsers with a similar feature not to confuse those password fields (if phatair's report is correct)? To make sure that the browser doesn't pull that silly stunt on all album password fields if the user just assigned one album password I suggest adding the album ID id of the form field - currently, the field output is
Code: [Select]
<input type="password" name="alb_password" value="" class="textinput" maxlength="32" size="34" />My suggestion would be to change it to
Code: [Select]
<input type="password" name="alb_password" value="" id="alb_password_3" class="textinput" maxlength="32" size="34" />Will this keep the browser from filling that field?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.