Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Hiding or moving the menu items in user mode only  (Read 7987 times)

StuffDone

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: Hiding or moving the menu items in user mode only
« on: April 24, 2009, 06:52:10 pm »

I am trying to modify a template to match it to a web site's main page.  Pretty much working out good. However I want to remove any trace of the menu items for comments, login etc. from the public view.  Either that, move them to the bottom of the page.

I found one topic saying these menus were in the theme.php file but they are not. "water-drop" theme.
I also tried to re-locate the tags to insert the menu items {menu} to below the {GALLERY} place holder but if they are moved anywhere below {GALLERY} they just display the tag, not the menu.

First preference is to have no menu options ( just the galleries ) visible to the public and a separate page for administration.

Second preference is to be able to move all menu items to the bottom of the page below the gallery>

Any suggestions welcome ! :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:00:42 pm by Joachim Müller »

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
Re: Hiding or moving the menu items in user mode only
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 06:59:30 pm »

search for final extract plugin if you want to hide some menu items.
if you doesn't found the function in the theme.php from your theme, copy /paste it from the sample/theme.php file to your theme.php file
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

stuffdone1

• Coppermine newbie
    • Web Design and Hosting since 1995
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 07:14:40 pm »

I prefer editing the existing rather than installing plug in's. 

I would like to know what file these menus are in now if anyone knows. "water-drop"

Sorry had to make a new profile. I reset password to the original profile and never received a confirmation email and could not get in again. I had it resent but it kept saying there was an error so I assume my old account is locked out now.

Paul
==================================================
Have a nice day.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 08:13:04 pm »

I would like to know what file these menus are in now if anyone knows. "water-drop"

if you doesn't found the function in the theme.php from your theme, copy /paste it from the sample/theme.php file to your theme.php file

::)
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

stuffdone1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 08:31:49 pm »

someone said that.  But that does not answer my question.

That file does NOT contain those links yet those links appear so they must already be in a file that is being used by the template already.

My question is ( rephrased ) where are these links coming from now since I did NOT copy them from the sample template?

;D
Have a nice day.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 08:56:26 pm »

That file does NOT contain those links yet those links appear so they must already be in a file that is being used by the template already.
My question is ( rephrased ) where are these links coming from now since I did NOT copy them from the sample template?
The defaults are being composed in a file that you mustn't edit. Edit themes/yourtheme/theme.php and override the stuff you want to see changed. If you don't have the skills to find out on your own where the defaults are being generated, you definitely shouldn't fiddle with that file.

Second preference is to be able to move all menu items to the bottom of the page below the gallery>
You'll need to move the handling of the menu tokens from the pageheader to the pagefooter function then.

I prefer editing the existing rather than installing plug in's. 
Then go ahead! If you can't, use the plugin.
There's a reason why the plugin is recommended: you don't have to fiddle with the code. If you hack the code, you'll have to modify it every time an update comes out. I'm not ready to discuss this in detail, as it has been discussed many times over.

it kept saying there was an error so I assume my old account is locked out now.
Posting the actual error message would help more than vague guesses.

someone said that. 
That person was right then.

Do as suggested in board rules for a start. Posting a link to your gallery is mandatory.

stuffdone1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 09:04:02 pm »

Posting the actual error message would help more than vague guesses.

Do as suggested in board rules for a start. Posting a link to your gallery is mandatory.

There is no actual "error message" It just says "There was an error"
Have a nice day.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 09:08:37 pm »

Your signature
Please...if you don't know the answer to the specific question I am asking...don't answer. Thanks !
is pretty pathetic and doesn't make it more likely that supporters will look into your issues. Ask your questions properly and you will get answers.

stuffdone1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 09:09:26 pm »

The defaults are being composed in a file that you mustn't edit. Edit themes/yourtheme/theme.php and override the stuff you want to see changed. If you don't have the skills to find out on your own where the defaults are being generated, you definitely shouldn't fiddle with that file.

You'll need to move the handling of the menu tokens from the pageheader to the pagefooter function then.

Then go ahead! If you can't, use the plugin.

There's a reason why the plugin is recommended: you don't have to fiddle with the code. If you hack the code, you'll have to modify it every time an update comes out. I'm not ready to discuss this in detail, as it has been discussed many times over.

http://www.putnamdems.net/gallery

If you don't know what file those are in, please let someone else answer this post.  It wastes both of our times reading and writing here when no one is able to tell me which file.

--

Have a nice day.

stuffdone1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 09:12:12 pm »

Your signatureis pretty pathetic and doesn't make it more likely that supporters will look into your issues. Ask your questions properly and you will get answers.

I have done so...but no one answers the questions I ask...I keep getting sent to unrelated information. For instance I asked where to change the "rel=" to "target=" and I get all kinds of references to other stuff, to scripts, to plugins etc. That is not what the question was in the first place.

I believe my questions are pretty clear yet the answers are all round-about and never answer the question I ask.

If people would just read the actual question and answer what I asked we would all save a lot of time.

Thanks.
Have a nice day.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 09:15:35 pm »

If you don't know what file those are in, please let someone else answer this post.
I know pretty well what file that is. I have had enough of your insults. You're banned from posting for a week. Next ban will be permanent.

Someoneelse

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 09:25:36 pm »

I know pretty well what file that is. I have had enough of your insults. You're banned from posting for a week. Next ban will be permanent.

I have been reading this. Sorry no one seems able to help.

I clearly understand your questions and you are correct that you never once received a straight answer to your questions. I think sometimes the people responding to these boards insist not being very helpful sometimes then blaming the person who posted for being rude because they did not get a straight answer to a pretty clear question.

Better they just said they don't know than to give us the run-around on a simple question.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 09:53:37 pm »

Strange that the account "Someoneelse" is using the same IP address the user accounts "StuffDone" and "stuffdone1" are using. What a great coincidence. You just earned yourself the permanent ban. You're not allowed to re-register.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.