Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Change a few things in Oxygen Theme  (Read 4621 times)

Ralf Night

• Coppermine regular visitor
[Closed]: Change a few things in Oxygen Theme
« on: April 14, 2009, 06:34:52 pm »

I would like to know, where can i change the colour of the link "Name of the album: Here is the name of the author / Name of the album", i would like to know where can i change the font face of this links over the picture-view, i mean this: Main page --> Category --> Album, and one more thing i would like to add <br> between picture-view-table and this Main page --> Category --> Album links, please help me :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 06:22:57 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Change a few things in Oxygen Theme
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 09:03:51 am »

Please use one of the tools I suggested in the sticky thread "Making a brand new theme, where to start?". They allow you to see which CSS class or element controls which part of the output. If you need details, provide details. To get an idea what details we need to support you, read up several of the older postings you have made and the replies that were given by supporters. Hint: there's a section in the board rules thread that explains this as well:
When posting a support request, it's helpfull for supporters in most cases to see what the actual page looks like, that's why it's recommended that you always post a link to your coppermine gallery page when asking for support.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 09:09:42 am by Joachim Müller »

Ralf Night

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 03:27:58 pm »

Okay.

First.

http://gallery.tatushow.com

I would like to know, where can i change the colour of the link "Name of the album: Here is the name of the author / Name of the album"

Okay, it's alblink. I put in CSS:

Code: [Select]
.alblink a {
    color: #D7C8B5;
    text-decoration: underline;
font-size: 100%;
//font-weight : bold;
font-weight: none;
}

.alblink a:hover {
        color: #C41C11;
}

And it doesn't work!

i would like to know where can i change the font face of this links over the picture-view, i mean this: Main page --> Category --> Album

Okay, it's breadcrumb. So i've put in CSS:

.breadcrumb a {
}

.breadcrumb a:hover {
}

And again, it doesn't work...

and one more thing i would like to add <br> between picture-view-table and this Main page --> Category --> Album links, please help me :)

It's not written right there :/

[Edit GauGau]
Replaced bbcode tag quote with code to wrap the CSS snips
[/Edit]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 05:41:51 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 05:46:21 pm »

http://gallery.tatushow.com
Then upgrade. You have cpg1.4.18. Current stable release is cpg1.4.21. Updating is mandatory. I'm not ready to discuss the need to upgrade.

.alblink a {
}

}
That's or course wrong: in PHP, you comment out stuff by two trailing slashes. In CSS, those two slashes do not mark a comment. Therefor, the browser will act up and the CSS will just be invalid. If you want to comment things out in CSS, use this syntax instead:
.alblink a {
/* font-weight : bold; */
}

}

And it doesn't work!
I told you above why it doesn't work, but "doesn't work" is not a valid error description: it doesn't mean anything. Describe what you actually do and see. Make sure that you're not looking at a cached copy (force-refresh your browser by pressing [Ctrl]+[F5]).

and one more thing
You have been so often about board rules in the past that this hurts: you must remember that we have a strict "one question per thread" policy. If you don't remember board rules, read them up. You have a notorious record of misbehaviour already. Start behaving according to the rules or you'll get banned - I mean it.

It's not surprising that your site does funny things - your HTML markup doesn't validate because you appear to have removed stuff that you don't understand (like the doctype declaration), nor does your stylesheet validate. In other words: you confuse the browser, so it acts up. Maybe you should start doing your homework.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 05:54:39 pm by Joachim Müller »

Ralf Night

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 06:07:27 pm »

Then upgrade. You have cpg1.4.18. Current stable release is cpg1.4.21. Updating is mandatory. I'm not ready to discuss the need to upgrade.
That's or course wrong: in PHP, you comment out stuff by two trailing slashes. In CSS, those two slashes do not mark a comment. Therefor, the browser will act up and the CSS will just be invalid. If you want to comment things out in CSS, use this syntax instead:
.alblink a {
/* font-weight : bold; */
}

}
I told you above why it doesn't work, but "doesn't work" is not a valid error description: it doesn't mean anything. Describe what you actually do and see. Make sure that you're not looking at a cached copy (force-refresh your browser by pressing [Ctrl]+[F5]).
You have been so often about board rules in the past that this hurts: you must remember that we have a strict "one question per thread" policy. If you don't remember board rules, read them up. You have a notorious record of misbehaviour already. Start behaving according to the rules or you'll get banned - I mean it.

It's not surprising that your site does funny things - your HTML markup doesn't validate because you appear to have removed stuff that you don't understand (like the doctype declaration), nor does your stylesheet validate. In other words: you confuse the browser, so it acts up. Maybe you should start doing your homework.

First, i'll upgrade, then i'll ask you some things. Can you tell me where's the instructions, packs etc to upgrade?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 06:15:56 pm »

No, I'm not going to answer that, since you need to respect board rules. Board rules say that you're only allowed to ask questions after having read the documentation. Questions that clearly show that you haven't read the documentation (and that's exactly the category your question falls into) will not make supporters more inclined to help you, but trigger a snide reply. Thread drift (ignoring the "one issue per thread" policy) is frowned upon as well - this thread started with styling questions and definitely does not deal with upgrading, so your question falls into the category "thread drift" as well. Your stupid reply that shows you haven't even bothered to do as suggested earlier will lead to exactly what I told you: you're banned from this site for a week. Next ban will be permanent. I'm not going to allow you to waste our time with your laziness and your selfish behaviour.

[Edit GauGau]
When creating your ban record I realized that you already have been banned temporarily and that you already have been told that the next ban was going to be permanent. So forget what I said above about the ban ending in a week: it won't. The ban is permanent. You're gone. You're of course not allowed to re-register. Go away. Stay away. Locking and marking accordingly.
[/GauGau]

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 06:23:33 pm by Joachim Müller »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.