Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: LightBox Slideshow Plugin  (Read 238027 times)

tarako moka

• Coppermine newbie
Re: LightBox Slideshow Plugin
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 10:37:46 am »

very wonderful.

Can this reflect the display count of the image?

I'm sorry. The translation site is used.

Imustbethick

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2009, 02:00:24 am »

Hi guys,
I am afraid my username is very apt as I have a problem I have spent the past 3 days trying to resolve. I have downloaded this plugin (cpg1.4.x_plugin_light-box_v1.1.zip) and followed the installation instructions on thread http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,49596.0.html post #1 unfortunately nothing at all changes on my gallery and I do not get the slideshow that this plugin is supposed to enable. When I click on one of my random files on the gallery home page I get the message
Critical error There was an error while processing a database query

I have searched the forums looking for an answer before posting here without any luck I eventually realised there are 2 different lightbox modifications but still have not been able to get the plugin to work (I am aware this is my fault as I have seen it working in the demo's and on other sites as I said I have searched these forums without success.

Obviously I am not installing the plugin correctly unfortunately I am a complete newbie in this field so do not know where I am going wrong (I have never programmed anything previously and do not understand html or php so all I have done is attempt to follow the instructions I have found.

My gallery is a completely new installation as I have previously been using "Gallery2" and even tried "JAlbum" but whilst both the other packages worked there were major drawbacks with both so I deleted my whole installations and reinstalled everything using Coppermine gallery as my gallery software package.

Any assistance you can offer would be gratefully received even if it is only to tell me how to install the plugin properly. In case it makes any difference I am using a modified X-Treme theme which I also downloaded from this site.

Thanks in advance

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2009, 02:12:22 am »

Remember the next time you ask for help that you should post a link to your gallery. With that said.

The "fix" for the random issue is in this very thread, Here it is for you

Imustbethick

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2009, 03:36:46 am »

Many thanks for your reply, unfortunately now I have an even bigger problem in that I get the following message on a blank screen if I follow the instructions to update the theme.php and template.html
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare lightbox_list() (previously declared in /home/barry/public_html/pic_gallery/plugins/light_box/codebase.php:66) in /home/barry/public_html/pic_gallery/themes/MyExtremeRed/theme.php on line 936

I have backed up my original files and was therefore able to restore them getting me back to having a working gallery.
My Gallery can be found at http://www.rebelslair.co.uk/pic_gallery

jeepguy_1980

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • Loop Family Forum & Gallery
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2009, 04:13:35 am »

There was no reason to follow the instructions from the other thread. Those instructions are for manually adding the code.  You should not have edited any of your gallery files.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2009, 01:32:56 pm »

Imustbethick - You followed the wrong link. It was to reference information in this thread that you are reading now. Fortunately you were wise enough to have backed up your originals. So perhaps this will  make it clear. To restore the availability of the random thumbs when using this plugin.

From i-imagine,  Posted on: April 18, 2009, 02:58:46 PM
  The plugin seems to have a negative effect on /random/.  I also saw the negative effect while trying the Slider mod. Instead of an image when a random thumb was clicked the return value was
Critical error
There was an error while processing a database query

There seems to be a fix see: gallery.josephcarver.com/natural/ I have enabled /random/ at the bottom of the page. Feedback for any observed trouble/errors is greatly appreciated.

The fix is in the original thread for the LightBox mod.
Step 7. Making sure the random images are shown:
These changes are in include/functions.inc.php.

Quote from: Nibbler on January 28, 2007, 08:43:13 PM
I don't know if this is a bug or not, doesn't cause problems on its own.

Code: [Select]
$query = "SELECT $select_columns FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} WHERE approved = 'YES' $META_ALBUM_SET ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT $limit2";

change to

$query = "SELECT $select_columns FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} WHERE approved = 'YES' $META_ALBUM_SET ORDER BY RAND() $limit";

In your file include/functions.inc.php find

$query = "SELECT $select_columns FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} WHERE approved = 'YES' $META_ALBUM_SET ORDER BY RAND() $limit_random";

Change to:
$query = "SELECT $select_columns FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} WHERE approved = 'YES' $META_ALBUM_SET ORDER BY RAND() $limit";

Random thumbs  now lead to their respective intermediate page instead of the error. So far no other effects from this change have been observed.
i-imagine
It is the functions.inc.php that you will need to modify. Keep the good habit of having a backup. Maybe read this thread  completely before you start.

The link that you posted does not work.
Good Luck

« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 01:56:01 pm by i-imagine »

Imustbethick

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2009, 04:47:55 pm »

Once again thank you both for your assistance, I really appreciate it.

I apologise for the link not working, I actually had a server problem and my nameservers decided to fall over and die.

The site is now back online and the gallery is visible (unfortunately the plugin is still not working but I haven't given up yet... hence I am back again :'()

I have replaced all the files with originals and then installed the plugin package, I then edited the \include\functions.inc.php to incorporate the code change in you (i-imagine) post and replaced

line 1229:
$query = "SELECT $select_columns FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} WHERE approved = 'YES' $META_ALBUM_SET ORDER BY RAND() $limit_random";
with

My random images now work as normal but even though the lightbox slideshow plugin is installed (and shows as installed in the pluginmgr.php as follows)
Installed Plugins Operation
Name Light Box v1.1 Plugin announcement thread
Author Sander Weyens, pluginized by jeepguy_1980
Description This plugin will override the default popup that embeds the fullsize picture and it will show a nice Lightbox popup instead. It features a slideshow as well, you can navigate through the images in the selected album with the arrow keys or with your mouse. Expect a configuration menu in future versions. For now, edit the files as described in the support thread.

In case there was an issue with the theme I was using I also tried running coppermine in both classic and my altered copy of extremered theme (currently back on extremered)

Link: http://www.rebelslair.co.uk/pic_gallery

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2009, 04:59:44 pm »

Upgrade - now, today! Your version is old, your site can be hacked.
<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.16 (stable)-->

Read this thread , the docs and then upgrade before concerning yourself with a visual improvement to your site.

Imustbethick

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2009, 06:04:48 pm »

Thanks for the heads up, I have done as you suggested and upgraded my gallery to the latest version before replying (Other than in this forum I had not linked or made the domain details known to anyone in the few days it has been online) but it is better to be safe than sorry.

As you have now had a look at the gallery, have you any idea why I am having this problem with lightbox and what I can do o resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2009, 06:23:58 pm »

Problem?  I have now just viewed a few of your pics using the slideshow!
It opens up just fine when you click on the intermediate size image.
Your theme is a bit unfamiliar to me, but the Lightbox Slideshow looked ok.

You might want to look at your edits though. I saw:
At the top of the pages....
And I can't say exactly why other than to say restart without any mods. and then proceed carefully.

It's a great plugin!

Imustbethick

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2009, 08:14:23 pm »

I just wanted to thank you for all your time and patience.

I have resolved the
that was at the top of the gallery page, it was as you thought a simple error in my editing but its now fixed :) and the slideshow works from my intermediate pictures.

I wonder if you can help one further time, on your own gallery (http://i-imagine.net/artists/) you have a slideshow with reflections of the images underneath the slideshow at the top of the page, I thought that was part of lightbox, obviously it isn't or I haven't activated it.

Can you tell me what plugin that is and how to enable it on my own site please?

PS In case you didn't notice I meant THANK'S for your help.

Regards

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2009, 09:22:35 pm »

You are very welcome. That one is a mod. called Image Scroller - based on iTunes [link to Intermediate] It is a modification, not a plugin, but has many options.

PixelPix

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2009, 01:28:03 pm »

Excellent plugin guys thanks.

I have installed it within the latest version and it works well with one small exception.....

If I replace a file using File Replacer the slideshow image does not update when using Safari.  It updates fine in Firefox however.  Is it possible to force the image to update in Safari?

Cheers

Rusty

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2009, 05:01:59 pm »

If I replace a file using File Replacer the slideshow image does not update when using Safari.  It updates fine in Firefox however.  Is it possible to force the image to update in Safari?
We don't provide browser support. Generally speaking: clear your browser's cache. In most browsers, you can perform a force-reload as well using [Ctrl]+[F5]. Not related to this plugin at all. Don't hijack this thread please.

PixelPix

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2009, 09:55:21 pm »

Sorry, it was not meant as a hijack or as a request for browser support.  What I meant was...  Is it possible for the slideshow script to force the update.  Like a built-in no-cache or something?  So it wasn't a specific question about how to use my browser, I know how to do that, but more a question on making the plug-in more compatible for all users.

Sorry for the confusion.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2009, 02:56:29 pm »

Short answer: no, there is no way to do this.
Long answer: we don't provide browser support. Try the meta tags that have been designed to instruct the browser how long it should cache data and when it expires.Not related to this plugin though.

Please do not reply in this thread, as your issue is not related to this thread, but a generic, browser-related question.

GuidoR13

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
LightBox Slideshow Plugin (Javascript Error in IE7)
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2009, 06:27:41 pm »

Regarding those JS error in IE7 (Line: 183, Char: 7, Error: 'document.getElementById(...)'is null or not an object, Code: 0) the reason lies in line 183 of lightbox_s.js:

document.getElementById("target").innerHTML=xmlHttp.responseText;
There's no element with ID target.

My solution, I just commented the whole line out and AFAIK it works.

Thank's for this plugin.

pznet

• Coppermine newbie
    • Guia Virtual de Perez Zeledon
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2009, 08:24:15 am »

Hi there!

I was able to install the plug in at www.perezzeledon.net/galerias but I'm currently experiencing some problems with the random and recently uploaded pictures but I see plenty of support here.

But, I have another issue... no matter wich picture I click on, the image count says "Picture 1 of 11", is always 11, and I have configured the thumbnails to be 25 pictures per page... any ideas?

Well, I actually changed it to spanish, so it says "Foto 1 de 11" or whatever the number is, but always up to 11 and then goes back to picture number one.

With this said, want to also thank you guys for this plugin, very easy to implement :)

Thank you.
-----
Fabian Vargas
Perez Zeledon
Costa Rica

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2009, 09:47:58 am »

You need to upgrade to the latest release asap.

<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.16 (stable)-->:o

You are a long way behind and risk getting hacked.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

phatair

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2009, 10:41:55 am »

HI,

the plugin works perfect.
But i have one question - if i close the lightbox slideshow the coppermine page  reload itself.
i used the lightbox slideshow mod bevor and this "page reload" was not a problem.

where can i change this?
I hope somebody can help me.
Thanks a lot!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.