Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: what to put where?! godaddy install problem :(  (Read 7727 times)

Nancy4

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
[Solved]: what to put where?! godaddy install problem :(
« on: February 18, 2009, 08:51:42 pm »

hey, I searched all forums for godaddy hosting install instructions, I have one Coppermine installed automatically from godaddy, but now i want to make my own controlled install, dunno where to put the information, sorry if my questions would sound foolish and like match games ??? ...but, what to put where
I got this info in my hand:

hostname: pim1213x3432x22.secureserver.net
database name = database user name : mydatabase

this is the information I got, now where to put it here:

My SQL host:
My SQL database name:

this two what make the install don't go on after many many tries :(
I hope someone familiar with this godaddy manual install to help me  :) thanks so much.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 09:39:55 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: what to put where?! godaddy install problem :(
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 07:53:54 am »

Did you read the documentation that comes with Coppermine and that is available online as well (link at the very top of this screen)? If not, do so now. If yes, then describe the actual question: are the input fields on the install screen not clear? What field do you have issues with?

Nancy4

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 08:13:48 am »

yea..I read it all  ??? the problem is not the install itself, I install my PHPBB forums all same easy, and I put the information of database in correct place...here not, I can't figure where to put the information of database in the proper fields

what I meant to ask, in what fields of this two i mentioned on the install, I should put my two database information I mentioned too? cause that wat make the problem " can't connect to database with this information "

sorry for my silly questions again   :(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 08:24:48 am »

If the installer doesn't accept the data that you entered, your db access data must be wrong - you should review them. You can use the same database access data that you used for your forum -  you might want to look those data up in your forum's setup panel. We can hardly help you with determining what data you have to enter for your webhost.
I'm particularly unsure about the word "pim", nor do I believe that a big webhoster like GoDaddy is actually using a database name like "database". As I suggested: look up the proper data in your forum if that is up and running or ask your webhost for the actual database access data.
Just for clarification: the database details need to go into the fields
Code: [Select]
MySQL Host:
MySQL Database Name:
MySQL Username:
MySQL Password:
If you're convinced that that the access data you have posted above is actually correct, then try the following:
Code: [Select]
MySQL Host: 1213x3432x22.secureserver.net
MySQL Database Name: database
MySQL Username: mydatabase
You will of course have to provide the password as well.

Nancy4

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 06:47:11 pm »

well, tried but didn't work with the sure correct information, now I'm sure Godaddy doesn't support manual install!  ??? any one managed to install coppermine on godaddy host manually?!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 08:23:48 pm »

I have one Coppermine installed automatically from godaddy,

Take a look at your include/config.ins.php file from that install and see what info is put in the there regarding the database.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 08:36:18 am »

I'm sure Godaddy doesn't support manual install!
Why not? They don't need to actively support you performing the install: if the installer doesn't accept the database data, they should be able to tell you if the db access data is correct. That's independent of the application install and something they should support imo.

any one managed to install coppermine on godaddy host manually?!
Yes, there have been reports that people were able to install Coppermine on GoDaddy manually.

Now I have answered your questions as good as I possibly could; why don't you answer the questions I posted: what fields do you have issues with. What error message do you get after doing what. What's the URL of your installer?

Nancy4

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 04:52:42 pm »

Take a look at your include/config.ins.php file from that install and see what info is put in the there regarding the database.

wow!!! that was the most simple but hard solution!   :D you don't know how it helped some one noob like me!  ::)
I managed to install it finally using that simple way! know what is put where from the automatic install config file and then did the same order with my new db information on the manual install config (sample) file.. and installed my first manual coppermine!  :D that was so great help for me in other applications too as I still learn  :D thanks so much!  :-*
------------

Why not? They don't need to actively support you performing the install: if the installer doesn't accept the database data, they should be able to tell you if the db access data is correct. That's independent of the application install and something they should support imo.
Yes, there have been reports that people were able to install Coppermine on GoDaddy manually.

Now I have answered your questions as good as I possibly could; why don't you answer the questions I posted: what fields do you have issues with. What error message do you get after doing what. What's the URL of your installer?

I'm so so thankful for your help and your patience on a noob kid like me!  ::) now after finally installing i'm going to read the themes documents here and the way it work, hope I can understand it all from first time!  :) sorry for the headache I made and thanks so much again!  :-*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.