Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upload.php causes my editor to stop responding  (Read 5161 times)

brettz

• Coppermine newbie
upload.php causes my editor to stop responding
« on: February 04, 2009, 05:57:00 pm »

I've use dreamweaver 8.  When I attempt to open upload.php dreamweaver stops responding.  So far this is the only file I've run into that causes this to occur.  I have to close the program.  When I bring it up again, I can open any file except upload.php.  It starts to load, but the hourglass remains and I cannot get the program to do anything. 

The upload function is working (I just wanted to make some changes in the file).  In case the copy of it on my computer was corrupted, I grabbed a copy of it from the server on which I'm running coppermine.  The problem remained.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Brett

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
Re: upload.php causes my editor to stop responding
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 07:20:41 pm »

I've use dreamweaver 8.
Just don't ;)

Read:
Tools recommended by the devs - Crimson Editor
or Tools recommended by the devs - Bluefish Editor

Or the one I use (I would recommend this..) Notepad ++  (Google it)

Regards,
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 07:31:08 pm »

You can't use an editor like dreamweaver to edit PHP files unless you really know your way round. You obviously don't know your way around, so just accept Fabricio's reply: don't use Dreamweaver on any coppermine file nor to edit a PHP file of another pre-made script.
Unless you're a coder, you won't be able to apply changes to that file. If you actually are a coder, then use a decent editor for that purpose. Notepad.exe that comes with any Windows version since Windows 95 will do just fine.

brettz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 07:34:36 pm »

Or the one I use (I would recommend this..) Notepad ++  (Google it)

Regards,

Thank you Fabricio.

I just downloaded Notepad ++ and it opened the file with no trouble at all.

Brett

brettz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 07:57:59 pm »

You can't use an editor like dreamweaver to edit PHP files unless you really know your way round. You obviously don't know your way around, so just accept Fabricio's reply: don't use Dreamweaver on any coppermine file nor to edit a PHP file of another pre-made script.
Unless you're a coder, you won't be able to apply changes to that file. If you actually are a coder, then use a decent editor for that purpose. Notepad.exe that comes with any Windows version since Windows 95 will do just fine.

Hello Joachim.
I'm guessing you meant that Dreamweaver in "design" mode is what can't be used to properly edit and save PHP files.  I've found that the design mode makes a mess of HTML files too.  I've been using Dreamweaver for php files (in code mode) for quite some time without any problem (until trying to open upload.php).

I don't know my way around a lot of things.  So your statement in that regard is probably correct many times over.  But I'm not sure what you meant to accomplish by saying that.  It came across as simply being hostile. 

Before I posted initially, I had tried notepad.  It made a mess of the file too.

But thanks to Fabricio's helpful reply, I now have a code editor that seems to be able to handle php a bit better than what I was using.

Brett

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 08:01:28 pm »

Notepad.exe should be able to handle edits of upload.php. If that is not the case for you, please attach a zipped copy of the broken file that is a result of your edit to let us see what is wrong. The only issue that comes to mind with notepad.exe is the fact that there might be issues with the Byte Order Mark for utf-encoded files.
Anyway, if notepad++ solves all your problems, then let's just say thanks to Fabri and leave things the way they are.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.