This plugin integrates the xfeed.php file written by Mohammad Hafiz bin Ismail (mypapit) into to CPG and adds the required meta code so that search engines can find your feed and also a button that allows users to subscribe to you feed using various services.
This is the first coppermine plugin that I have written so if you have any advice or problems please post below.features
RSS feed for coppermine.Installation:
Adds a themeable subscribe button to coppermine
Fully configurable through the Admin panel
Has full support for feedburner (you can route all feeds throught feedburner to allow stats, etc)
Has support for upto 5 custom urls on the dropdown menu
Go to your config and enable plugins (if not already). Then open the plugin manager, upload the xfeed.zip file and click "i" to install, thats all there is too it.Configuration:
To configure go to the Xfeeds button as admin.Changelog:
New version (1.0 uploaded on 23/11/2008)
- Plugin created
New version (1.1 uploaded on 24/11/2008)
- fix: the head meta link to the feed was missing
- fix: problems with IE not showing the menu
New version (1.2 uploaded on 29/11/2008)
- The feed now resides in the plugin directory
- The feed directory has been renamed to xfeed rather than cpg-xfeed
- All included files are now licensed under GPL (Previously some components were CC3)
- custom links are now included under a sub-heading.
New version (1.3 uploaded on 2/12/2008)
- fix: owner_name used instead of admin email
- fix: gallery description now returned (was not global so wasn't displayed)
- fix: permissions now taken into account
- added atom feed
- added Feedburner included in head if set to route all through Feedburner
- cleaned up some silly if rules.
Looking forward to feed back and comments, Lee.