Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: what would you charge to fix this?  (Read 5933 times)

Frankieloum

[Closed]: what would you charge to fix this?
« on: October 19, 2008, 07:44:54 am »

I have always had the ability to delete images from the gallery and just tonight a member told me she got this message when she tried to delete hers

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<', expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or '{' or '$' in /home/makin21/public_html/gallery/delete.php on line 403

so i went in gallery and clicked on delete and I get the same message? not sure what it means.
help
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 06:26:02 pm by Joachim Müller »

SaWey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • SaWey.be
Re: what would you charge to fix this?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 01:25:00 pm »

Try to replace delete.php with the same file from a fresh install.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 02:57:10 pm »

SaWey's suggestion is identical to the one you got from François in your other, identical thread. Don't double post and use better subjects for your threads in the future. You've caused extra moderation effort by posting the identical request twice. Additionally, you failed to read the sticky thread "sub-board rules, read first!"on the paid support board and do as suggested there. You've been told so often already to respect board rules. Start playing by the rules immediately or you'll have to suffer the consequences - I'm not going to tolerate your selfish behaviour any longer.

Frankieloum

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 03:22:24 pm »

I am very sorry Joachim that you feel I dont respect the board rules. I do, truly I do. I think what you don't take into consideration is that there are people in this world that know literally nothing about coppermine, or html or mod etc.
I didn't even know what mod was till less than a year ago when I started my board and just here recently when I got coppermine I have learned that now there are a lot more words that I need to learn.
I am doing the best I can and simply don't know where to post things or what is the "right spot" or not. and yes I read the sub board and thought I was doing this right And as to why I posted this twice, I needed it fixed, figured if I paid it would get done quicker. I am truly sorry that I don't meet up to this boards high standards of posting.
I am a 54 yr old scrapbooking mother that bought a website and I am trying my best that when I do have to come here amongst you all that I post what and where I am supposed to.
It just simply feels I cannot win ever.
And as for me suffering the consequences...you humiliating me on the board for all to see did it.
thanks you and again I am truly truly sorry I bothered you. I will not post on this forum again and you can remove my account. I will change from coppermine gallery if I need to so as not to go through this again when I am simply looking for someones help

Saway, truly thank you for the information of replace delete.php but I didnt install the coppermine and wouldnt even know where to start to find that file. But I do appreciate your offer of help.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 06:24:49 pm »

I am very sorry Joachim that you feel I dont respect the board rules. I do, truly I do. I think what you don't take into consideration is that there are people in this world that know literally nothing about coppermine, or html or mod etc.
No knowing HTML is a lame excuse: you know how to read, don't you? You have been told to read board rules, which is pretty straightforward text. In fact, mostly people who don't even speak English as their first language have come up with those board rules. What exactly is so hard to understand about
6. Use a meaningfull subject line
When posting on a support board, it's very likely that you need help, as much as everyone else who looks for help there, so don't use subject like "Help me please" or "Newbie needs help". Other "bad" subject lines are "Important", "I have a little question" etc.
Instead, use a short phrase that describes your problem - this will make things easier for supporters as well as other users who might encounter a similar problem and browse the board for relevant postings.
Don't you agree that "help with gallery?" falls into exactly that category of subjects that you're supposed not to use?
What's so hard to understand in the sticky thread that says
Details needed
It's advisable to post the budget you're ready to spend, the time schedule you have in mind and as many details as possible on the customization you need - a link to your page is almost mandatory.
In short terms, it says "post a link to your gallery". You did not. Why?

And as for me suffering the consequences...you humiliating me on the board for all to see did it.
It was not my intention to drive you away or humiliate you. My intention was to make you read board rules and act accordingly. Those rules are not technical, but just tell you how to behave on this board in plain English. I don't think that it's too much asked to respect them at least after having been told to read review them.

I will not post on this forum again and you can remove my account.
Did as you requested and deleted your account.

Marking thread as "closed".

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
Re: [Closed]: what would you charge to fix this?
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 11:11:29 pm »

Sorry for cluttering this topic even more. Despite what he says:

I am very sorry Joachim that you feel I dont respect the board rules. I do, truly I do.

I want to add something, no, you don't respect forum rules. I didn't ask for a PM from you but I received it.

Quote from: Frankieloum
hey can you help? last night I tried to delete a RED X photo in the gallery and go a error message. I paid to have it fixed and now when I uploaded I still see a red x and we get this error message There was an error while processing a database query when I try to delete it. I posted for help and got in trouble from a mod as he thinks I posted wrong etc but they said to fix it do this

Try to replace delete.php with the same file from a fresh install

can you help?

I didn't even read this whole topic, I don't care, but I want to reflex here that this user is definitely not respecting board rules.
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.