Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Access to enlarge thumbnails disappeared. Permissions??  (Read 3674 times)

PhotoG

• Coppermine novice
Access to enlarge thumbnails disappeared. Permissions??
« on: October 01, 2008, 09:54:48 am »

Hello,
first of all, sorry for my bad english!
I hope you can help me, as I've already tried to find a solution in the forum, but unfortunately without success!
I will try to explain my problem:
Using the search button, the images appeared, then clicking on anyone to enlarge the image selected, the list of images that always appeared below the enlarged one had disappeared(???)

Now the most important:
Trying to solve the problem by looking at configurations, etc, I don't know what I did or happened, but now the links to enlarge all the existing thumbnails don't work. It only does if I enter as Administrator, it doesn't work neather for registered users.
As it only works entering as Administrator I think it must be a permissions problem, but I don't know how I can solve it.

Can you please help, I'm desperated

Thank you in advance
This is the link for my gallery: http://rdkphotobank.com/gallery

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Access to enlarge thumbnails disappeared. Permissions??
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 10:46:07 am »

The <a href> tag that should point from the thumbnail to the intermediate images is missing from the HTML output. This can only happen if you have modified the core code, so you needto undo your edits. The best method to accomplish this is performing an upgrade. Since you're running on cpg1.4.18, while the most recent stable release is cpg1.4.19 currently, you have to perform an upgrade anyway. This being said: do exactly as suggested in the docs, upgrading instructions. Hopefully, your over-modification will then go away.

If this issue happens based on who's logged in, a plugin might interfere, so temporarily switch plugins off in coppermine's config to verify that.

PhotoG

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 11:22:49 am »

Thank you very very much Joachim, it works!!

I have switched off the plugins and it works again!!!

The other problem was that when search results appear, (Thumbnails), after clicking on any image to enlarge it, the thumbnails underneath the enlarged image is still dissappeared and it worked before. Anyway this was not the most important.

With reference to the upgrade from 1.4.18 to 1.4.19, I have downloaded the latest versions, but I must inform you that my technical level is very low, do you think it's a good idea to substitute all folders on my server except the folders albums through FTP transmission??

Thank you very much again for solving my problem with the thumbnails, this was the real and most important problem I had.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 05:24:54 pm »

Post your upgrade questions on a separate thread (as you agreed to respect the "one question per thread" policy) after having read the upgrade section of the docs. And yes: upgrade process involves replacing old files with new ones...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.