Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Done]: voting script  (Read 10357 times)

Halfhidden

[Done]: voting script
« on: September 14, 2008, 10:40:33 pm »

I have an odd mix of smf 1.1.5 bridged with Coppermine 1.4.18 (upgrading to 1.4.19 this week) and wrapped in MKportal. Now I know this isn't supported here but you'll need to understand what software I have in order to make your mind up if you can help.
I would like to have a simple script that can be used in our Mystery picture gallery.
The idea is that a user upload a mystery picture and other members can guess where it is. If they get that correct then the person who uploaded the picture can award a point to the member who guessed it. A leader board would be needed to show who has what points and who was in the lead. It would be useful to have the script versatile enough to be able to use it for other competitions as well like spot the difference and so on.
The script would have to be managed so that the admin could reset vote.. add or remove points.
Can someone get back to me. 8)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 03:49:42 pm by Joachim Müller »

Halfhidden

Re: voting script
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 10:44:21 pm »

I can't edit the above post... my budget is between $50 - $100
There is no urgency for this script but it would be nice to get it up and running soon.

Halfhidden

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 09:37:14 pm »

foulu created the voting script on our site for our mystery picture section. Members upload mystery pictures and the others need to guess where the picture is. The up loader can choose from a drop down list of all the members that have placed comments beneath that picture and award the points to the winner. There is a leader board showing who is winning (top 20 and so on) and an admin area to add, remove or adjust points and more.
His quality of work was extremely high and very efficient indeed.
I highly recommend him and have in fact already commissioned him to build an multi tear administration mod for our site. I now have 6 administrators with only the rights that they need to do their jobs. The config's and back end of the site isn't available to them because they don't need it.
I'll talk to foulu about donating the plugin for the mystery picture to this site if it would be welcome here?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 03:49:25 pm »

Sure, code donations are always welcome. Thanks for resolving your thread.

Halfhidden

Re: [Done]: voting script
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 08:39:20 pm »

Spoke to foulu and he agrees with me that the plugin will be released to this site. I have requested a small change that will benefit the end users and administration, so that needs to be done and he has to export his work to accommodate the correct plugin architecture for general use and then it will be available for use. I'll write up the how to use the plugin to go with it when it is ready to be released.
It has generated a lot of traffic on my site and should bring activity to your site. ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.