Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: punBB bridging  (Read 10806 times)

mad-wolfie

• Coppermine newbie
    • Electroniques - Web hosting
punBB bridging
« on: August 13, 2008, 12:35:43 pm »

I have CG 1.4.10 installed onto one of my sites & currently have it bridged with a punBB 1.2.xx installation.

I'm considering updating the forum to punBB 1.3 or FluxBB 1.3.

so here are the questions..

Can i use the same bridge for 1.2 on a 1.3 install i.e will it work on Pun/Flux 1.3 or will i have to request/wait for a new bridge to be developped?

How do i update the bridge so the 2 are still linked & I lose no data between forum & gallery.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: punBB bridging
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 05:31:16 pm »

I have CG 1.4.10 installed
Upgrade!

Can i use the same bridge for 1.2 on a 1.3 install i.e will it work on Pun/Flux 1.3 or will i have to request/wait for a new bridge to be developped?
I have no idea what FluxBB is, but if it differs from punBB, you probably need a bridge of it's own.

How do i update the bridge so the 2 are still linked & I lose no data between forum & gallery.
Not sure what you mean.

mad-wolfie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 05:58:30 pm »

Upgrade!
Done.  ::)

PunBB 1.3 isn't featured in the bridging options.

I did a test yesterday & the bridge doesn't work with PunBB 1.3RC or FluxBB 1.3Beta so it looks like a new bridge will probably have to be developped for punBB's 1.3 release & that of FluxBB 1.3

no matter i'm sticking with a 1.2.x release of the forum, for the time being.

I have no idea what FluxBB is, but if it differs from punBB, you probably need a bridge of it's own.

PunBB was sold by it's original owner, some of the development team have gone off on their own & continued their development of punBB & created a fork - hence FluxBB.   Basically it's the same forum underneath with 2 branches of continued development, one from it's owners & another from the breakaway group of developers who have left (or been pushed) from the project.
Here's the blurb from the FluxBB website... http://fluxbb.org/
In 2007 PunBB was sold to a commercial company. Development continued under the direction of Rickard Andersson until April 2008. At that time Rickard Andersson announced he would be ceasing his active involvement with the project at least temporarily.

In light of the changed circumstances the remaining members of the development team decided they needed to exert more control over the direction of the project which meant the only option was to fork the project; hence FluxBB.

The current stable release of FluxBB 1.2.20 is an update to PunBB v1.2.17. The next version, FluxBB v1.3, is under active development and is currently at the beta2 stage.

What the future holds
The development team's immediate aim is an early release of FluxBB v1.3. Further details regarding the development of FluxBB v1.3 can be found on the development page. As a service to the existing PunBB community they will continue to provide support for PunBB v1.2.

In the longer term, the aim is to produce high quality open source forum software which continues to live up to the standards set by Rickard Andersson whilst taking full account of changing trends and technologies. In short, if you want a fast, lightweight, user friendly and extensible forum designed to meet modern standards then you are in the right place.

the good news is i'm now running FluxBB 1.2.20 (basically an updated, update of PunBB 1.2.17 as the quoted text suggests) & it still works perfectly well with Coppermine.

Not sure what you mean.

if/when an update comes alone (so that 1.3.x is bridged), how would i update the bridge so that it works on the upgraded forum as it's currently been running on 1.2.x

I suppose the same question would occur if i wanted to convert the site from running one type of forum to another such as going from phpBB to SMF,

Is it just a case of swapping the bridging options to a new forum or have i got to alter the database & patch / edit some of coppermine's php files.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 06:17:05 pm »

You can simply disable the bridge and re-enable it to the updated version.

mad-wolfie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 06:53:45 pm »

You can simply disable the bridge and re-enable it to the updated version.

that's what i like to hear  ;D

Is it worth assuming that the developers will be looking into creating a bridge for the new PunBB / FluxBB 1.3 version?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 11:35:53 pm »

Might be considered. In fact, most of the bridges have been developed by Nibbler, with some contributions made by the communities around the bridged apps. So the question would be: i sNibbler going to provide a bridge for FluxBB. You might want to bribe him - I'm dead sure he has got an amazon wishlist. ;)

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 10:28:27 am »

You might be able to get away with just a tweak to the 1.2 bridge. Change

Code: [Select]
list($id, $pass_hash) = unserialize($_COOKIE[$this->cookie_name]);

to

Code: [Select]
list($id, $pass_hash) =@explode('|', base64_decode($_COOKIE[$this->cookie_name]));

and see how far that gets you.

Bernique

• Coppermine newbie
    • Bernique Inside
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 08:53:21 am »

Hello there,

I'm taking the opportunity of this post to address my issue...
I'm running a FluxBB forum and trying to bridge a bright fresh new installed Coppermine gallery without any succes.

I did implement the above modification but when I activate the bridge, I receive a blanck screen with "Fatal error :" on it.

Hope some experienced a better result than mine:

Here are some basics information:

Thanks for eny help.
Rgds

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 08:41:47 am »

How is that related? Did you read the sticky thread on this sub-board or the corresponding docs section that explains what you need to do when asking for bridging support? There error message "fatal error" is generic. Enable debug_mode in coppermine's config to see the actual mysql query that fails. Remember that this is not the support thread for a potential fluxbb bridge, as officially, there's no such thing yet. You should start your own thread, doing as suggested per sticky thread and refering to this thread. Locking
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.