Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: help needed...  (Read 13356 times)

rony446

• Coppermine novice
help needed...
« on: July 22, 2008, 10:18:21 am »

Hello, i am rony, new in web designing. I am trying to use coppermine photo gallery. I got some problem and i want to know about some changes...like:

1. I want to change this option from bellow to top of the image/.thumnail. " Display file caption (in addition to title) below the thumbnail" like: Display file caption (in addition to title) Top the thumbnail.

2. There are some option when i uploaded file: name of the image, description, keyword. etc. I want to add some extra option. I want to use photographer name for per picture. when a picture shows then it will be shown. how can i add this and which file. do u help me?

total structure is:

image_caption
Photographer name 
      Views
 Up loader Name
Description.

is it possipble? reply me urgent.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: help needed...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 02:56:46 pm »

Anything is possible, with more or less effort. Question #1 requires you editing your custom theme. Question #2: use the custom fields for that purpose.
Respect the one questiopn per thread policy in the future. You agreed to do so when you signed up.

rony446

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 05:38:21 am »

thanks for reply and sorry for 2 questions.

do you tell me how to edit theme and how to make change that field for 2nd questions? I tried but failed to solve it.:(

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 05:50:53 am »

sorry for 2 questions
and then:
do you tell me how to edit theme and how to make change that field for 2nd questions?
    ;D  are you joking?  ;D

Read all sticky topics that already exist in this sub-forum...
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

rony446

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 12:23:38 pm »

Anything is possible, with more or less effort. Question #1 requires you editing your custom theme.

Bro, I tried 2/3 days but  i failed to find the location where i can add the image caption to the upper of the image. like:

caption
  [image]

please help me. it will be helpful if you tell me the location of that files. I found all the information of album/image title, description, views but could not find the location of image link. please reply me soon.

rony446

• Coppermine novice
how to add image title/caption upper of image
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 06:35:56 am »

Hello, I am using coppermine 1.4.18 version. i fall in a problem. i want to show the image caption/title upper of the image. normally it shows below of the image. any one can help me, how to solve this problem? please....

rony446

• Coppermine novice
how to show image title upper of the image?
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 06:43:43 am »

Hello, I am using coppermine 1.4.18 version. i fall in a problem. i want to show the image caption/title upper of the image. normally it shows below of the image. any one can help me, how to solve this problem? please....

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 06:53:26 am »

Merged double-posting.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 07:43:34 am »

Surprisingly, Mr. "I don't like to play by the rules" aka rony446 even sent me a PM. Guess what it contained:
Bro,
 Last few days i tried to solve my this problem but i could not do this. please help me. I am using coppermine 1.4.18 version. using classic themes.

I want to show image title on the top of image. normally it shows below the image. how can i put image title on top of image. please help me.
First of all, I'm not your "bro". Second: you're not allowed to PM me or anyone else on this board if you have not specifically been allowed to do so.
Patience is a virtue. I have been ignoring you on purpose, so don't molest me again, but maybe someone else will help you (which I doubt, with you showing an attitude like this).
Stop it or you'll get banned. >:(

Joachim

rony446

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 08:09:13 am »

Surprisingly, Mr. "I don't like to play by the rules" aka rony446 even sent me a PM. Guess what it contained:First of all, I'm not your "bro". Second: you're not allowed to PM me or anyone else on this board if you have not specifically been allowed to do so.
Patience is a virtue. I have been ignoring you on purpose, so don't molest me again, but maybe someone else will help you (which I doubt, with you showing an attitude like this).
Stop it or you'll get banned. >:(

Joachim

sorry Mr. Joachim. At firlst, I didnt see that you dont like pm from any visitors/any persons. I am sorry for gave you pm & I am sorry to say you Bro.

I need urgent solution for this topics but i didnt get any solution from any of person. I tried many times and trying now also. I am searching over this forum or google but i have failed to overcome from this problem.  if you provide me solution for this topics, then it will be helped me a lots. sorry if you bother of my this request. and you have all the right to ban me or ignore me.:(

thanks n take care.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 06:56:58 am »

I already told you that you're not allowed to double-post, nor are you supposed to hijack other threads. Stop it! This is the last warning.

rony446

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 07:17:26 am »

I already told you that you're not allowed to double-post, nor are you supposed to hijack other threads. Stop it! This is the last warning.
:( sorry. i thought he will help me. thats why i wrote his topics about this problem. sorry for double posting.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 09:00:05 am »

If he wants to help you, he will do so, no matter what thread you post in. Trying to catch his attention by spreading your support request all over the forum is like shouting at supporters - it won't make it more likely that someone will actually help you. Instead, it will just get more likely that you're being ignored. That's what I do: I'm not ready to look into your issue, as you continue to misbehave by the hour. You have already wasted my time by causing extra moderation effort, so I decided that I will not help you. If you continue to misbehave, your request probably will not attract other supporters, but they will ignore you just as well.
You're doing everything not to get supported instead of doing something bright that will make it more likely to get support: it is usually a bright idea to post a link to your gallery. This will allow potential supporters to see what theme you are using and may make it easier for them to come up with an answer to your request. Start doing clever things instead of just behaving badly.

rony446

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 09:25:33 am »

You're doing everything not to get supported instead of doing something bright that will make it more likely to get support: it is usually a bright idea to post a link to your gallery. This will allow potential supporters to see what theme you are using and may make it easier for them to come up with an answer to your request. Start doing clever things instead of just behaving badly.

thanks Joachim Müller. I am new in this forum and new is php-mysql that's why i didnt understand why i didnt get any reply from any one. thanks for your idea.

now i am giving a screen shot where i want to change. 
Screen Shot >> [added as attachment - Hein]

my Gallery >> http://systechprojects.co.nr/photo_gallery

I want to put title of the front page image to the top of the image like the screen shot. how can i do this.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 12:30:57 pm by Hein Traag »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 07:13:53 pm »

Actual gallery URL is http://systech.byethost10.com/photo_gallery/ - don't send us to silly framsets!

rony446

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 06:26:13 am »

Actual gallery URL is http://systech.byethost10.com/photo_gallery/ - don't send us to silly framsets!

Do you tell me how can i edit this topics name?

I found two file in cpg 1.4.18 where the caption is handling:

1) function.inc.php >>
Code: [Select]
function build_caption(&$rowset,$must_have=array())
{
    global $CONFIG, $THEME_DIR;
    global $album_date_fmt, $lastcom_date_fmt, $lastup_date_fmt, $lasthit_date_fmt, $cat;
    global $lang_get_pic_data, $lang_meta_album_names, $lang_errors;

foreach ($rowset as $key => $row) {

$caption='';
        if ($CONFIG['display_filename']) {
          $caption .='<span class="thumb_filename">' . $row['filename'] . '</span>';
        }

$caption .= ($row['title']) ? '<span class="thumb_title">' . $row['title'] . '</span>' : '';

=>Last line provides the tile name of image.

2) theme.inc.php >>

<!-- BEGIN header -->
        <tr>
<!-- END header -->
<!-- BEGIN thumb_cell -->
        <td valign="top" class="thumbnails" width ="{CELL_WIDTH}" align="center">
                <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
                        <tr>
                                <td align="center">

<a href="{LINK_TGT}">{THUMB}<br /></a>
{CAPTION}

{ADMIN_MENU}
                          </td>
                        </tr>
                </table>
        </td>
<!-- END thumb_cell -->

=> here {CAPTION} is the position of the title, description, views number. if i put the {CAPTION} to the top of
<a href="{LINK_TGT}">{THUMB}<br /></a> then all the information goes up. but i need only title to the top of image and rest information at the below.

Please give me proper solution. You told, u are ignoring my this topics. but please I need a solution for how to use title on the top of image. give me solution or tell me any way how to change it. please....

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 07:33:18 am »

Don't edit include/themes.inc.php. Instead, edit themes/yourtheme/theme.php, copy the section you want to see changed (and only that section) into themes/yourtheme/theme.php from themes/sample/theme.php, then start modifying it as you see fit.

rony446

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 07:47:42 am »

Don't edit include/themes.inc.php. Instead, edit themes/yourtheme/theme.php, copy the section you want to see changed (and only that section) into themes/yourtheme/theme.php from themes/sample/theme.php, then start modifying it as you see fit.

am i replace theme.php from themes/sample/theme.php to themes/mytheme/theme.php ? I dont understand it. where i have to put that section in themes/mytheme/theme.php? please dont mind. i am afraid to ask you anything because of you warning me:(.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 07:56:06 am »

No, you just copy the function or variable definition that you want to see changed from the sample theme into your custom theme.

rony446

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 10:54:41 am »

No, you just copy the function or variable definition that you want to see changed from the sample theme into your custom theme.

sorry i could not find what to change from sample > theme.php to mytheme>theme.php. can u tell me the exact solution ?:(
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.