Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: upgraded 1.4.12 to 18 added captcha then gallery shows 403 error!  (Read 5874 times)

sussextransport

• Coppermine newbie
  • Re-registered at forum, gallery installed 11/2007
    • Our Visitors picture gallery powered by coppermine

Posting to its own thread as suggested.

Well this seemed a very good plug-in for the spam problem but...

Installed the gallery back last November 2007, (1.4.12) all okay until every picture had spam comments added, & frequently, so removed manually all this on regular basis. Banning gibberish user/names too.
On 10/05/08 finally grasped knowledge & confidence to backup & installed the lastest update. All working fine.

Downloaded v3.0 Captcha, followed README file & installed in plug-in folder, and COPIED captcha.php to root folder, and now know it should be MOVED not copied from original folder.

Now all I get is this on every attempt to access gallery folder & its index page!
http://sussex-transport.co.uk/gallery/ admin.php 82.24.12.*** /gallery/admin.php sussex-transport.co.uk Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) 403
That looks like, address where from, looking to, IP address, & browser details with 403 error.
But looking via FTP theres nothing missing!

Disabled it, then removed it, overwrote all the folders again from previous backup, looked through the php tables & no plug-in now there but for the simple URL plug-in.

What went wrong! The visitor gallery is now less operative than it was before the upgrade to 1.4.18 !!
Anyone like to suggest what I do now, I would follow a simple guide again but I did what it said, then I can enable it, & add the debug panel for a visitor to assess, IF we can get in again.

Could not work out what the different options are for the plug-in, only seen the 3 zip versions, so whats the reference to a MOD too?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 09:49:19 am by Joachim Müller »
Gordon Dinnage

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: upgraded 1.4.12 to 18 added captcha then gallery shows 403 error!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 08:53:41 am »

This thread is a follow-up from http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,36319.msg255175.html#msg255175
The page http://sussex-transport.co.uk/gallery/ returns
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,52603.msg0.html 91.18.114.145 /gallery/ sussex-transport.co.uk Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; de; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080418 Ubuntu/7.10 (gutsy) Firefox/2.0.0.14 403
which displays the referer and then dies on a 403. This is usually caused by improper hotlink protection and not related to coppermine, so you better review your custom .htaccess file and (if you can't figure this out on your own) ask your webhost for support.

sussextransport

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 08:35:56 pm »

Many thanks for that info, a bit baffled why thats just occurred!
At least youve given me a direction in which to go, as understanding php based programs & MySQL stuff is slow for me.
I will post back here to close the thread when solved just to show a solved issue, hopefully with captcha working!

Gordon
Gordon Dinnage

sussextransport

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 09:33:20 am »

A quick note to say that somehow my host provider stated on help system;

The error was due to some entries present in .htaccess inside /home/*******/public_htm and /home/*******/public_html/gallery.
Now I have moved it to .htaccess.bkp in both folders. Now your site is working fine from our end.

So an easy soloution back to a working gallery, just another go at captcha!
Gordon Dinnage
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.