Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I've Done Everything, and I STILL can't upload HQ Pictures!  (Read 3829 times)

Chelsea90

• Coppermine newbie
I've Done Everything, and I STILL can't upload HQ Pictures!
« on: February 22, 2008, 09:21:12 pm »

Hello!  :)

My name is Chelsea and I have been having some major problems with my gallery.  I have never been able to upload HQ pictures!  :(

I have changed the max allowed image hight, width and file size, much larger then needed even.

For example, I am trying to upload a file that is:

Width: 1872 pixels
Hight: 3144 pixels
File Size: 680 kb

When I upload a bunch of files around this size via batch add, here is what a get:

[Edit GauGau] Replaced hotlinked image with attachment [/Edit]

Now, a FEW show up and can be added, but they are smaller.  But that shouldn't matter since all of them are under the allowed size, right?

Anyway, on the screen I can click the [?] box's and it WILL bring up the HQ photo.  But the thumbnail is not there.   :-\

But when I control click on the missing thumbnail, and say open in new window, I get this:

[Edit GauGau] Replaced hotlinked image with attachment [/Edit]

I have tried and tried again later, and nothing EVER changes.

Plus, I even tried adding them to see what happens, but it only added the photos that actually had thumbnails.  The rest did not add at all.

It does the same thing when I use the "Upload Images" option.  So it's not just a batch add file error.

I really do not know what to do, or why this is happening, since I have read and done EVERYTHING that is out there.  Has anyone else had this problem?

It's not just me either, my co-webmistress can not add HQ to our gallery either.

If anyone can help us, thanks soo much in advance!   ;D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 11:38:45 am by Joachim Müller »

Nibbler

Chelsea90

• Coppermine newbie
Re: I've Done Everything, and I STILL can't upload HQ Pictures!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 11:29:35 pm »

Ohh.. Okay.  Thanks.

I checked those links out.  Yet I can't find anything.  The only thing I could find was that php.ini thing, but I don't know where to find that.  Would it even help?  Is that what you meant by no "sufficient resources on the server"?  Thanks again for the reply.

Chelsea90

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 12:01:04 am »

Sorry for the double post.  I couldn't find a modify button.   :-[

Anyway:
Things to check:

1. max_input_time- 60 seconds is the default time limit for uploading files.

This time limit includes the time it takes for the files to upload, so if you exceed this limit, the file will not even parse, and the browser will not get a response. You can workaround this by trying to upload smaller or fewer files, or you can try uploading over broadband. The best solution, of course, is to increase the time limit to something more in line with your needs.

2. upload_max_filesize - 2MB is the default limit for individual files.

3. post_max_size - 8MB is the default limit for post requests.

4. memory_limit - 8MB is the default size.

How can I find the file to change the memory limit and the max size?  I think that may be my problem?  I see the stuff in the debug admin setting, I just don't know where to access that file to change those settings.  And I am the owner/admin of the gallery, installed it and everything, So I should be able to change this right?

Chelsea90

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 12:22:02 am »

Sorry again...

I am going to have to contact my 1and1 hosting service about the php.ini I think.  Thanks for your help.  I'll post if I get it fixed.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 11:40:13 am »

You cross-posted - I had already replied to your identical question in the thread http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,50634.msg244174.html#msg244174

Chelsea90

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 06:17:14 pm »

Sorry  :-[

By the time I posted these, you hadn't replyed.  Or else I didn't see it.  Anyway, my server has helped me figure it out.  Thanks for your help though.

Good Bye
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.