Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adsense and skyscraper question. (common i know)  (Read 5195 times)

Scias

• Coppermine regular visitor
Adsense and skyscraper question. (common i know)
« on: January 16, 2008, 04:42:24 am »

first off, yes, i HAVE searched, i checked the first 4 pages every post, and i came CLOSE to figuring out my problem, but the theme i am using seems to not apply to that thread, so unfortunatly i need to ask a quick few questions here.

first off....

Site: HERE Warning: Does Contain Moderate Adult Content.

it is currently locked down for improvements, so a username/pass will be needed to access it, but i cannot give it out openly here :)

Theme: Igames

Question:

ok! i run the igames theme, i recently decided (after users voted for it) to add a few ad's to the gallery, now i discovered how to add it the bottom of the page quite easily, but i have not been able to discover WHERE in the code to properly add 2 skyscraper ad's, 1 on each side of the intermediate picture view.

parts i got confused at were #1 i hear a mention about making a "custom theme", but before studying into that, wished to figure out if it's needed for my situation.

#2 is to where exactly i would add the "code" for these 2 ad's to display, or if i need a custom theme of some form, a quick explination of what i need to add, and where.

i know again this is common, but i could NOT find any resolution to my issue via search, so i am sorry to post another question about this :P i will go study this custom theme part now, and see if i can resolve that part my self.

ty

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Adsense and skyscraper question. (common i know)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 08:44:42 am »

What's wrong with the thread "Adding 2 skyscraper banners in intermediate view"?
parts i got confused at were #1 i hear a mention about making a "custom theme", but before studying into that, wished to figure out if it's needed for my situation.
Read up http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#theme_create

Scias

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 10:02:00 am »

ty, i got that part. now, using the theme i mentioned, would i be needing to add any "missing" parts to this new theme, so i may add the "ad's"? or do i just need to learn where to put it in the theme as the code is now?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 10:10:20 am »

If a section that needs editing doesn't exist in your custom theme, copy the corresponding section (and only that section) from the sample theme (themes/sample/theme.php) into a new line before
Code: [Select]
?>of your custom theme (themes/yourtheme/theme.php). Then apply the modification. That's what is being explained in the docs. That's why I told you to read up the docs.

Scias

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 11:27:52 pm »

sigh..i guess you didnt understand my question. seriously, your such a miserable git, you should retire off the forums, the other "admins" do better...ill just try to piece together scatter info into a answer i can use.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 08:41:38 am »

sigh..i guess you didnt understand my question.
Then why don't you re-phrase it and post it once more, clarfying what your issue is?
seriously, your such a miserable git, you should retire off the forums, the other "admins" do better...ill just try to piece together scatter info into a answer i can use.
You're welcome to start answering questions of others and become a supporter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.