this is my first attempt in offering a plugin for Coppermine, so if you find any bugs/errors/mistakes I'm sorry, but I will try to correct everything you find
Today i looked into Coppermines plugin-architecture and thought, ok, do it.
What I did?
First, a good idea is to see it in action. If you have flash 9 or higher installed, Coppermine won't show you the "normal" intermediate image, but an embedded flash-application showing it.
A click on it, and you're in flash's fullscreen-mode viewing the photo on black.click here to visit my gallery and see the plugin in action
The swf shows the actual image. It will be resized to the screen size, in case it's too large, a click shows a 100%-view. Otherwise the image is centered.
If you move the mouse to the top, a bar will appear offering some (self-explanatory) buttons to navigate, background-colors, thumbnails of the current album and a slideshow. Uh, and you are allowed to close it, of course
If the visitor does not use a flash-enabled browser he will see the normal intermediate picture.
The plugin uses swfobject to embed the swf-file. It's included in the zip.Warning!!!
To-Do (my wish list )
- This is the first release, so please try this with a test-system or backup first!
- The swf coming with the plugin (fsdia.swf) is my work and (for now) not available as source-code. If you have any suggestions, how to improve it, feel free to tell me.
- the slideshow-feature is buggy, i know that, but hadn't the time to fix it.
- it works with images only! I did not try any other media with it, won't work afaik
- fix the slideshow-feature
- make it much more customizable, colors, text (German right now) ...
- hide the image urls completely from the html-source (i'm thinkin of a password defined by the admin to rename full-size images) and prevent stealing of high-res images this way
Anyway, using flash (you can completely disable the normal intermediate image btw), 90% of those "right-click-save-as"-thief's are stopped, i think
So, I hope you like it, and that it works...
attached the zip to this post.link to my site/blog