Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sudden problem  (Read 7310 times)

neerajkessery

• Coppermine newbie
Sudden problem
« on: November 07, 2006, 01:20:41 pm »

First things first.... gr8 prog and easy to use.

I have installed and used coppermine for the past 6 months however from a few days ago I can not get into my gallery.  I have made no changes neither have I worked on my site in the last month.  The message I get is. My site is www.indianconnection.co.za

Coppermine Photo Gallery seems not to be installed correctly, or you're running coppermine for the first time. You'll be redirected to the installer. If your browser doesn't support redirect, click here.

Please help  :-[

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Sudden problem
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 03:10:25 pm »

There's no coppermine gallery on the URL you refered to. Post a deep link to your actual gallery location, don't force us to get familiar with your navigation.
If you get a message like
Coppermine Photo Gallery seems not to be installed correctly, or you're running coppermine for the first time. You'll be redirected to the installer. If your browser doesn't support redirect, click here.
, this means that coppermine can't find the files that were created during install (include/install.lock and/or include/config.inc.php). Make sure both files exist - if they don't, restore them from a backup.

neerajkessery

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 03:26:09 pm »

Sorry...
This is the link to my gallery

www.indianconnection.co.za/gallery

Have not made any amendments to the site so was just surprised that from day to the next, it did not work.  Can I download the files you speak of that are missing?  If yes, where should I place them?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 06:57:26 pm »

http://www.indianconnection.co.za/gallery/include/config.inc.php is missing (accidentally deleted maybe). This file is used to store your database settings. Therefor, you can't download a fresh copy of that file, but you will have to use http://www.indianconnection.co.za/gallery/include/config.inc.php.sample (FTP-download that file to your client, use a plain text editor to edit it with your mySQL settings, then rename it to config.inc.php and upload it into the folder http://www.indianconnection.co.za/gallery/include/).

However, you're running the totally outdated cpg1.3.3, so once you have restored your missing config file you should upgrade asap (most recent coppermine version is cpg1.4.10).

neerajkessery

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 11:27:08 am »

I wish I knew what you mean by ".......edit it with your mySQL settings, " but I do not.  I am very new at this and would really appreciate some guidelines on how to get this done.  What exactly I need to edit it with and where do I find mySQL settings.
Thx ???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 01:37:32 pm »

Look at http://www.indianconnection.co.za/gallery/include/config.inc.php.sample - it should give you an idea what to fill in. Ask your webhost if you're not sure. We can't tell you more, as this is totally up to your server setup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.