Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine Logo Competition 2006 / 2007  (Read 355154 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Coppermine Logo Competition 2006 / 2007
« on: November 06, 2006, 08:11:41 am »

We're looking for an updated Coppermine logo.

As with the artist competition, we will accept submissions via uploads in our Coppermine demo in this album: Coppermine Logo Competition

Once submissions are closed, voting will begin. This will prevent later submissions from being at a disadvantage in the voting.

The "winner" will be shipped with the next Coppermine release and will become the "official" Coppermine logo. Other than bragging rights, and a link to your site there's no other compensation.

Common sizes
SizeStyle
468  x  60 Full Banner
728  x  90 Leaderboard
336  x  280 Square
300  x  250 Square
250  x  250 Square
180  x  150 Rectangle
160  x  600 skyscraper
120  x  600 skyscraper
120  x  240 Small skyscraper
240  x  400 Fat skyscraper
234  x  60 Half Banner
125  x  125 Square Button
120  x  90 Button
120  x  60 Button
  88  x  31 Mini Button
128  x 128 Favicon
  64  x  64 Favicon
  32  x  32 Favicon
  16  x  16 Favicon

Guidelines
  • If there are various submissions with similar pics that only differ in small details, they will be summed up into one item, so they won't take away votes from each other
  • The logo has to be designed and owned by you - graphic resources used must be free of copyright
  • When submitting your logo to the competition, you donate the intellectual property to the coppermine project and agree that it is being released with coppermine under GNU GPL
  • To reduce the number of variations, only three submissions per user are allowed
  • Sets of banners/buttons in various sizes count as one submission. When submitting a whole set in different sizes, just submit a zip file - we will create the visible competition entry for you
  • The logo should preferably work both in large resolutions (banner size) as well as in small sizes (mini button or even favicon)

Details:
  • Your submissions will be visible after admin approval to avoid unsuitable submissions
  • Deadline: submission stage will end on December 1st 2006
  • Please submit your artwork to the competition album that we have set up on the demo. Do not attach them to the forum postings
  • Only discussion about the competition itself should go into this thread. Requests for support or other unrelated postings will be deleted without further notice

As always, thank you for your continued support of and contributions to Coppermine. The community is vital in sustaining this project. We're looking forward to seeing what the large talent pool has to offer.

Coppermine Dev Team

Edit 2006-12-05:

We have received some great logo contributions. The re-organization has been done, the logo competition has reached the voting stage. Please review the contributions and vote (preferably vote for all submissions), using the usual one-to-five star rating at the bottom of each pic. Feel free to post comments as well (for comments, board rules and common sense apply). Please keep in mind that the winner is going to ship with the next release.

Edit 2007-02-28:

We have started a second round of the competition, see http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=38170.msg197774#msg197774

Joachim
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 12:48:09 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Coppermine Logo Competition 2006 / 2007
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 09:49:10 am »

So far, we have received some very promising contributions. However, we would love to see more of them. Please keep on contributing your logo proposals.

Joachim

cyque

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 01:02:27 am »

I submitted a few ideas this afternoon, hope you like them.  A couple of my submissions were identical with the exception of the icon (you'll understand when you see it).  You might want to group those together and if it won, vote between the two. 

Quick question, from what pages will you link to the winner's site and how long will that link stay up?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 06:44:10 am »

The link to the winner's site will go into the documentation (credits section). As the documentation is available online as well and currently has a Google PageRank of 8/10, this link is not bad for site promotion. The link will reside in the demo as well as this thread and will go into the "about" section.
The link will remain there at least as long as the winning logo is being shipped with Coppermine. The only reason the link might get removed would be if the link was abused to redirect to a malicious site.

candonetwork

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 07:50:00 pm »

Hi, I'm going to make a few submisions. Are the sizes set in stone? My first design leave a little white space above and below on the 336x280 and 300x250 sizes - will that be a problem?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 08:21:10 pm »

That's a good question. I think that since it says "Common sizes" that those are suggested dimensions, not required. The dimensions of the image that is currently being used on the homepage doesn't match any of the listed sizes. :)

Pascal YAP

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Hello World :-)
    • CPG 1.5.x ExperiMental website
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 10:11:02 am »

All Cpg - Team,

Have a nice day  ;)
PYAP
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 04:56:12 pm by PYAP »

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 10:56:10 am »

I'm not a graphics person but is there need for a dutch translation as wel ?

Cheers!
Hein

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 03:35:48 pm »

Anything that helps drawing more attention to the logo competition is welcome, so yes: you're welcome to post a translation in Dutch. Please add a note though to the translation that makes clear that replies to this thread should be in English (or bilingual).

Joachim

redhair

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • subMerged
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 12:38:46 pm »

Reading this topic in the I thought, great :) I'm quite a designer myself, so this could be a interesting task. Then I started looking at the submissions already made, and I stumbled upon this one .. .and my ideas went up like smoke! I mean, this is it! Great logo! I have no idea how to beat it and don't think I should even try :) It's got everything a good logo needs. Simplicity/ professional/ recognizable/  ..It's got my vote already that's for sure.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 11:20:08 am by redhair »
redhair

Swim around in subMerged.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 05:26:46 pm »

Attached dutch version of the TS text. Added an extra line saying they have to use english when posting a question on this thread.

Cheers!
Hein

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 07:40:04 pm »

Reviewing the submissions that have been contributed so far I had to make up my mind how to make sure that all submissions get the same chances when the voting stage starts. Here are my thoughts: I'll resize all contributions to square 600x600 pics to avoid rectangular thumbnails getting less attention than square ones. Additionally, I'll rename all files with a random pattern to make sure chances are equal (as the first results usually get more attention than the ones on subsequent pages). HTH.

Looking forward to your last-minute-contributions (the submission deadline is 2006-11-30).

h4nh4n

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
  • God loves you!
    • Indonesian Actress
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 02:59:45 pm »

I have uploaded another one...
Actually I have designed 5 logos for coppermine, but none of them promising... so 2 is enough
Artis Indonesia - Albums of Indonesian Actresses
Johan Ng - Personal Website

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 05:57:55 am »

Submission stage has closed - thanks for all your contributions so far. As suggested above, I will re-organize the pics before starting the voting stage. I will let you know when the voting stage starts.

Joachim

rikhter

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
    • WEB DESIGN CLUB
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 09:40:03 am »

Current version of my logo competition entry is unfortunately too large: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=2

I know that you are currently re-organizing files, so I created 600х600 version of the image. Could you please replace  current large version with .....

1. 600х600 "all in one" image http://www.rikhter.com/coppermine/coppermine-all.jpg

OR (better)

2. with this one http://www.rikhter.com/coppermine/coppermine-1.jpg which I consider the best among my logo variations.

Thanks a lot, Viktor.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 11:55:38 am by rikhter »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2006, 08:06:32 am »

Not sure what your question is. Temporarily locking this thread. Please be patient, I need a little time to re-organize the contributions before the next stage can start.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 07:07:01 am »

The voting stage has started, please review the logo competition submissions and vote for them.

@Contributors: please send me your logos that you have contributed in high-res (preferably as psd files with intact layers) or (even better) in a vector format. Send them to logo-competition [AT] coppermine-gallery [DOT] net (this is a temporary email address that will be disabled after the end of the voting stage. Do not send unrelated support requests to this address, they will be ignored).

Joachim
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 05:09:52 pm by GauGau »

LVV

• Coppermine newbie
  • _LEON_
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 05:11:30 pm »

The voting stage has started, please review the logo competition submissions and vote for them.

@Contributors: please send me your logos that you have contributed in high-res (preferably as psd files with intact layers). Send them to logo-competition [AT] coppermine-gallery [DOT] net (this is a temporary email address that will be disabled after the end of the voting stage. Do not send unrelated support requests to this address, they will be ignored).

Joachim
Please translate it on Russian :-[

redhair

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • subMerged
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2006, 05:42:49 pm »

Please translate it on Russian :-[
Пожалуйста выучьте английскую язык:)
redhair

Swim around in subMerged.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.